Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GSM Security

Last response: in Technologies
Share
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 1, 2004 9:18:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

For those interested in the technical side of things, I've written an
article/paper on GSM security, basically describing how the ciphering,
authentication and confidentiality components work, as well as describe the
many flaws in these procedures/algorithms. UMTS is also discussed.

Appendix includes information on security settings for Australian GSM/UMTS
operators, as well as the details of A5/1 ciphering algorithm.

Can be found here:
http://www.ausmobile.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Do...
(Zipped PDF)

-- regards
--Jeremy Quirke
http://www.ausmobile.com

More about : gsm security

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 2, 2004 5:42:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

Jeremy Quirke wrote:
> For those interested in the technical side of things, I've written an
> article/paper on GSM security, basically describing how the ciphering,
> authentication and confidentiality components work, as well as describe the
> many flaws in these procedures/algorithms. UMTS is also discussed.

I think that is the best package of information I have ever seen on GSM
security. Thanks! I'll be spreading the word out. :) 

--
My computer security & privacy related homepage
http://www.markusjansson.net
Use HushTools or GnuPG/PGP to encrypt any email
before sending it to me to protect our privacy.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 3, 2004 12:32:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:18:03 +1000, Jeremy Quirke wrote:

> For those interested in the technical side of things, I've written an
> article/paper on GSM security, basically describing how the ciphering,
> authentication and confidentiality components work, as well as describe the
> many flaws in these procedures/algorithms. UMTS is also discussed.
> Can be found here:
> http://www.ausmobile.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Do...
> (Zipped PDF)

Can you make a non-zipped PDF version available that I can link to from
http://www.gsm-security.net/gsm-security-papers.shtml ?

Will
Webmaster: http://www.gsmsecurity.com
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 4, 2004 10:18:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

"Will Spencer" <will.spencer@gsmsecurity.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.05.03.08.32.15.921000@gsmsecurity.com...
> On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:18:03 +1000, Jeremy Quirke wrote:
>
> > For those interested in the technical side of things, I've written an
> > article/paper on GSM security, basically describing how the ciphering,
> > authentication and confidentiality components work, as well as describe
the
> > many flaws in these procedures/algorithms. UMTS is also discussed.
> > Can be found here:
> >
http://www.ausmobile.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Do...
> > (Zipped PDF)
>
> Can you make a non-zipped PDF version available that I can link to from
> http://www.gsm-security.net/gsm-security-papers.shtml ?
>
> Will
> Webmaster: http://www.gsmsecurity.com
>

You're welcome to host the PDF if you want, alternatively the PDF itself is
available in this folder: http://www.ausmobile.com/downloads/technical/
!