Blank Screen Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erenas4

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Due to space constraints I have gotten rid of my desk and monitor and now hook up my PC to my TV. Its a Panasonic G15 plasma 50". The PC is running a 4870 1GB through a DVI to VGA converter and plugged into the PC port on the tv. The issue that I'm having is that if I try to change the resolution from the windows default (cant think of what it is at the moment) the screen goes completely black. This isn't an issue for normal windows usage but causes problems while gaming. What is causing this? Is it the VGA adapter? If I plug it in via HDMI would that fix the issue? Id have to order a DVI to HDMI which is why I haven't tried it yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
The only thing I can think of is that you are changing the Resolution to a resolution your tv cannot handle.

For my HDTV the limit is 1920x1080. I have tried to go over and I get a blank screen too.

I'd look up your tv and see what it's PC res limit is and try it again.

Hopefully this helps?

(Also, for my setup (HD6870 on a LCD tv) I had to go into my graphics cards settings and set it to look for a TV instead of a Monitor. After I did this it automatically pulled the res limits and has worked since)

sardonicjester

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
The only thing I can think of is that you are changing the Resolution to a resolution your tv cannot handle.

For my HDTV the limit is 1920x1080. I have tried to go over and I get a blank screen too.

I'd look up your tv and see what it's PC res limit is and try it again.

Hopefully this helps?

(Also, for my setup (HD6870 on a LCD tv) I had to go into my graphics cards settings and set it to look for a TV instead of a Monitor. After I did this it automatically pulled the res limits and has worked since)

Solution

erenas4

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Thanks for the reply. A google search told me that the G15 PC port is limited to 1366 x 768. Which explains everything. I've ordered a DVI to HDMI so hopefully this will solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.