Best motherboard for SLI and Overclocking

yesthis

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I need the best motherboard for SLI and Overclock preferably under $200.
Right now I have the ASUS P8Z77-V LK. Can anyone tell me if this is good or not? If not could you give me some other options?

You have already a good board, with two pcie 3.0 slots and SLI support, no point in getting another one, if it is for a 3-way sli or 4-way sli, those mobos will cost a lot more than that, like in the price range of 260-360$.
Any decent z77 motherboard will allow to oc the cpu to certain limits, it all depends on what cooler you have for the cpu.

yesthis

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

What do you think about the ASUS Sabertooth Z77 compared to the OC Formula?

But sli isn't his only concern. Theextreme4 isn't a upgrade from the board he has now. The of formula and the sabertooth are designed different. So if you don't plan to fully water cool your rig. I might would get the sabertooth. However... the OC formula is one of the best rated boards on newegg

yesthis

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013

As for a slightly cheaper board, what about ASUS P8Z77-V PRO compared to the Sabertooth? As far as I know, they are both very good for overclocking, both support SLI, and the PRO has onboard WiFi.

The asus Asus P8Z77-V is the best option, it also has wifi and all the features of the pro, again, if you have already the ASUS P8Z77-V LK, you don't need to spend more for any motherboard, unless you're into some extreme overclocking with custom watercooling kits, then an asrock oc formula or the asus rog boards might be useful to you.