Am3 upgrade to am3+

My motherboard is MSI 890GXM-G65. There website says it supports am3+ this is a am3 socket. I want to get this AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX. They say it supports am3+. I want to ask before i order it
8 answers Last reply
More about upgrade
  1. I have a 6 core. I found a deal on this 8 core. I see that they both use 125watts. I know my powersupply can handle it. Its 750watts

Heres my board on there website http://us.msi.com/product/mb/890GXM-G65.html I oredered the cpu
  2. perform a BIOS update before you remove your old cpu and put the new one in otherwise the FX may not be recognized by your board.
  3. okay I checked on the site you linked and your board does not have a BIOS update for Vishera.

It only supports the first gen Buldozer FX cpu's
  4. From other forums its says it works.
    It will be here today. I put my bios all back to stock settings have latest verison of it 1.D. Should i clear my cmos and how do you do that? I saw that this helps if i did that
  5. I got it in and it works!!!!! Boots quicker down to almost 10 secs was 12 before. I think i have bad heat sink my temp bounces all oer
  6. Temp bouncing is normal if by that you mean that it does not keep steady and does not rise rapidly. AMD cool&quiet technology will increase and decrease you cpu speed as per load requirement and that will make the temps bounce.
  7. I watched it in m bios and its pretty stable. But the speccy software it jumps 20c to 12c. I have antec 920 watercooler it sits at 80f normal load
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Socket