Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Zosma CPU with Foxconn

Last response: in CPUs
Share
March 24, 2012 4:50:42 AM

I recently just bought the foxconn a9da-s motherboard from newegg. It stated it took a phenom II processor and has an am3 socket. Well I thought I was fine and dandy until I read a review that said he had the same processor I have, phenom II 960T, and it will not post saying cpu mismatch. Is there a bios update for this that you know of. Do you know if it will atleast get into windows? For I don't have a flash drive if there is a bios to use, can I use a CD instead to flash it. The reason I got it was because it was the cheapest mobo at $80 that had 2 pcie that did atleast 8x by 8x. All the other were 16x by 4x. I haven't received the item yet as it was just been ordered today. Should I return it or cancel the order and exchange it with another one?

More about : zosma cpu foxconn

a b à CPUs
March 24, 2012 5:21:17 AM

PainfulOrpheus said:
I recently just bought the foxconn a9da-s motherboard from newegg. It stated it took a phenom II processor and has an am3 socket. Well I thought I was fine and dandy until I read a review that said he had the same processor I have, phenom II 960T, and it will not post saying cpu mismatch. Is there a bios update for this that you know of. Do you know if it will atleast get into windows? For I don't have a flash drive if there is a bios to use, can I use a CD instead to flash it. The reason I got it was because it was the cheapest mobo at $80 that had 2 pcie that did atleast 8x by 8x. All the other were 16x by 4x. I haven't received the item yet as it was just been ordered today. Should I return it or cancel the order and exchange it with another one?

They may have updated the bios on that board by now. Go to their website and check out the bios listings for that board. If they didn't, contact Foxconn support. They probably will send you a new bios chip for the board. Hope it works out for you.
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 6:07:02 AM

I see they have a few new bios files but I can't find what each says on it. They are just general like updated to support 6 core cpus. updated to fix issue using 4x4gig of dimm. I have read a lot on people saying their cpu didn't match and the bios would say that but they still could boot to windows. do you think that is likely because to install the bios I will have to have the board in there but I won't be able to get on another computer until that is working again.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 24, 2012 6:48:24 AM

PainfulOrpheus said:
I see they have a few new bios files but I can't find what each says on it. They are just general like updated to support 6 core cpus. updated to fix issue using 4x4gig of dimm. I have read a lot on people saying their cpu didn't match and the bios would say that but they still could boot to windows. do you think that is likely because to install the bios I will have to have the board in there but I won't be able to get on another computer until that is working again.

Well since the board is on it's way to you I would contact Foxconn support and ask their advice. If they know of an existing problem with compatibility they would also know whats needed for a fix. You might save time in case they have to send you a new bios chip. The alternative is to wait for your board, try it and if it doesn't work then RMA it for a different board or contact Foxconn for a bios update. All I'm suggesting is to contact them first to save yourself some time. Remember you could also be worrying about a problem that no longer exist. They may already corrected it. :) 
m
0
l
March 24, 2012 5:52:47 PM

Chaz21 said:
They probably will send you a new bios chip for the board. Hope it works out for you.


Wait, they will send me a bios chip? are your sure about this. To replace the bios chip it would requre to reball the thing and that takes a pro to do. Anyway I am going to get a hold of Foxconn today or monday because I think they are not open on weekends. Ill update with the plan after that.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
March 24, 2012 10:02:59 PM

PainfulOrpheus said:
Wait, they will send me a bios chip? are your sure about this. To replace the bios chip it would requre to reball the thing and that takes a pro to do. Anyway I am going to get a hold of Foxconn today or monday because I think they are not open on weekends. Ill update with the plan after that.

They are usually just plug in chips, similar to what this site shows you:
http://www.badflash.com/removbio.htm
I stated that they probably would send you a chip, because it's cheaper for foxconn and faster for you. They have been known to do this regularly. The alternative is to RMA the board.
m
0
l
!