Blue Screen, please help

bluva

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
While running, my computer experienced blue screen. Since then it wouldn't boot up without blue screen.

Safe mode had blue screen.
Reinstall cd could not fix the problem.

Took almost every piece of hardware out, problem still occurred.

Took out one of the 2 memory sticks and my computer works again. I don't know if its the motherboard or memory causing the blue screen.... Bios is recognizing the memory but windows will not load with both of them in.

Yes my ram are. Compatible....
Yes they are compatible with my motherboard.... This computer is not newly built.
So why would both ram sticks be the cause of blue screen?

bluva

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
okay, i've checked both ram sticks and they both are okay. The motherboard however might be the problem....

I receive 4 short beeps (this is new) with both sticks in, and windows does not boot but restarts. Only one ram slot is working. I found this, just want to make sure....

"If you're able to get memory to work in one slot but not another slot. You're motherboard is defective you can either workaround the issue by running the memory in a different slot or replace the motherboard."

This happened while trying to burn a dvd to my computer. You think this was the cause, or my Asus motherboard is just cheap? This is the second time this has happened and I had to return it.....