BEst blu-ray drive

hey hows it goin guys
now i have a cm 690 ii advanced chassis, and i want to fill up all the drive bays. i took up 2 with a touch screen fan controller.
i haven't bought a optical drive bay yet.
i want to your opinions about the best blu-ray optical drive there is (price is not an issue)
i will be using two since i do a lot of burning (it needs to have that ability)
i'm quite touchy about appearances, i quite like the way samsung and sony make their drives sleek and shiney.
it need to be able to burn,write, and read blu-ray AND dvd.
yea thats about it, bring in the answers guys
thanks in advanced ^^
11 answers Last reply
More about best drive
  1. Just go to newegg, sort the optical drives by BluRay burners and find the fastest one that is aesthetically pleasing to you. They all do the same thing, the only 2 differences are speed and looks.
  2. Also be aware that unless you buy specific software, you can't simply put a BluRay movie into your computer and watch it.
  3. Good point. Some BluRays come with software, but most of the time it's all trial junk. Get Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 or 12, so you can use your new BluRay :)
  4. Hi :)

Buy a RETAIL drive....that way it WILL come with proper BR software.....I have the LG one...

All the best Brett :)
  5. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

Buy a RETAIL drive....that way it WILL come with proper BR software.....I have the LG one...

Yes, this is what you want to do. Considering blu-ray is a Sony technology, their drives should be reliable but LG drives are nice as well. Don't get stuck without software like I did.
  6. buzznut said:
    Yes, this is what you want to do. Considering blu-ray is a Sony technology, their drives should be reliable but LG drives are nice as well. Don't get stuck without software like I did.

there is a load of free software for burning/ watching on the internet

nero can use blu-rays i believe
  7. shanky887614 said:
    there is a load of free software for burning/ watching on the internet

nero can use blu-rays i believe

Hi :)

ONLY the latest version of Nero and Power DVD can play BRS ...and they aint free.....

8. i got this one too
    http://www.blu-ray.com/Sony-BDU-X10S/250/?show=userreviews

but does the too above fit my criteria? (read,write, burn)?
  9. anybody out there?
  10. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Blu-ray Optical Media Components Product