Sign in with
Your question

BEst blu-ray drive

Last response: in Components
March 24, 2012 11:59:05 AM

hey hows it goin guys
now i have a cm 690 ii advanced chassis, and i want to fill up all the drive bays. i took up 2 with a touch screen fan controller.
i haven't bought a optical drive bay yet.
i want to your opinions about the best blu-ray optical drive there is (price is not an issue)
i will be using two since i do a lot of burning (it needs to have that ability)
i'm quite touchy about appearances, i quite like the way samsung and sony make their drives sleek and shiney.
it need to be able to burn,write, and read blu-ray AND dvd.
yea thats about it, bring in the answers guys
thanks in advanced ^^

More about : blu ray drive

March 24, 2012 4:11:05 PM

Just go to newegg, sort the optical drives by BluRay burners and find the fastest one that is aesthetically pleasing to you. They all do the same thing, the only 2 differences are speed and looks.
m
l
March 24, 2012 4:28:00 PM

Also be aware that unless you buy specific software, you can't simply put a BluRay movie into your computer and watch it.
m
l
Related resources
March 24, 2012 4:35:39 PM

Good point. Some BluRays come with software, but most of the time it's all trial junk. Get Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 or 12, so you can use your new BluRay :) 
m
l
March 24, 2012 5:30:48 PM

Hi :) 

Buy a RETAIL drive....that way it WILL come with proper BR software.....I have the LG one...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
March 24, 2012 5:40:12 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Buy a RETAIL drive....that way it WILL come with proper BR software.....I have the LG one...

Yes, this is what you want to do. Considering blu-ray is a Sony technology, their drives should be reliable but LG drives are nice as well. Don't get stuck without software like I did.
m
l
March 24, 2012 5:54:49 PM

buzznut said:
Yes, this is what you want to do. Considering blu-ray is a Sony technology, their drives should be reliable but LG drives are nice as well. Don't get stuck without software like I did.

there is a load of free software for burning/ watching on the internet

nero can use blu-rays i believe
m
l
March 25, 2012 2:28:33 PM

shanky887614 said:
there is a load of free software for burning/ watching on the internet

nero can use blu-rays i believe

ONLY the latest version of Nero and Power DVD can play BRS ...and they aint free.....

m
l
April 2, 2012 8:28:52 AM

anybody out there?
m
l
May 7, 2012 10:35:23 AM

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
!