CCC Will not load

Novamech1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I understand there are several topics on this, but searching, I could not find any that fit my problem and system specifically and could help me. I have never used a forum, so forgive me in advance.

I recently rebuilt my system. Before I was using Vista extreme, with 1 HD 5770 Card. Catalyst opened up fine and everything. I upgraded my system recently, and I went from VIsta to Windows 7 and added a second 5770. However, now, CCC will not load. I installed it correctly, but I cannot get it to stay open, and what is worse, is my system wont even read my second card, or Crossfire. I have tried uninstalling everything, and reinstalling, drivers and all. WIth no luck. Any suggestions? I do appreciate your time.

Version 3.0 of the .NET Framework is included with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista. Version 3.5 is included with Windows 7

In Windows 7 you need to enable net framework 3.5 the following way.

1. Open the Start menu and click "Control Panel".
2. Under the "Programs and Features" category, click the "Turn Windows features on or off" link text.

leon2006

Distinguished

What is your PSU brand and model? Are you sure your PSU have sufficient capacity for 2 GPU? Have check w/ PSU calculator to verify the capacity of your PSU.

If your PSU is not sufficient for your gpu it won't load the driver.

I use manual procedure for installing CCC. I have microsoft visual studio on my pcs. The only option to install/update driver is manual process.

I just want to make sure that we are not dealing w/ PSU issue.

leon2006

Distinguished
Here's the procedure to install CCC. Update the version since i wrote when the version is at 9.xx

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process
Install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install thew ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Always un-install old driver before installing the new rev driver

Novamech1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
The problem I am having is Catalyst wont even install on my system. I do install the correct ones, but when prompted to reboot, I do so, and its no longer on my hard drive. the ATI folders are there, the program files are there, but its no longer installed.

Novamech1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
I hope I am just not explaining this very good... but I am installing it the right way. I used catalyst for years. Just... all the sudden with Windows 7, it will not stay installed onto my hard drive

leon2006

Distinguished
Go to the folders and the files should be there. Then install Catalyst from the command prompt. It bypass whatever conflict it has w/ C++ libraries w/ windows.

When you start the GUI base CCC installer it will install the files on the folder. Then it will Launch the installation program. If it fails the files are on the C:/ drive.

You can go to that folder through command prompt and install the driver.

Novamech1

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Sorry it took so long to respond. But No, I dont suppose I do. I am not a tech expert when it comes to that kind of thing. I know how to get into the commpand prompt window and do basic functions, however

leon2006

Distinguished
Questions:

Have tried to install the driver w/ one GPU? That is the original GPU you have.

Have you tried installing the original driver that came w/ your GPU?

Are you using the same brand of GPU or different maker(i.e. XFX & Asus)?

I'll think of something on how to get you going w/ command prompt disc/file instructions. For the meantime you can google and read some basic knowledge on DOS. The very basic on how to change drives... find a file commands. You don't need to learn the whole thing. Just the basic instruction

TRENDING THREADS