GPU for 3 simultaneous screens

jgarner

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi,

I am currently using an Asus AMD HD 6870 1Go and this has 1 HDMI, 2 DVI and 2 mini displayports. I'm using the HDMI and 2 DVI to HDMI converters that I connect the other 2 screens on their HDMI ports. I get a 7.8 score on Windows 7 64 bit for the Asus AMD HD 6870 1Go.

I can only get 2 screens to work simultaneously.
I was wondering what type of GPU will allow me to have all 3 screens displaying simultaneously, 1 primary and 2 extended on Windows 7 64 bit ?

Not sure if there is any more info that would help and I was also wondering if adding a second Asus AMD HD 6870 1Go would do the trick?

Thanks

dontqqnub

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
That gpu you have will allow 3+ monitors, the thing is

You will need an active displayport(in your case a mini- displayport) adapter for more than 2 monitors. (UNLESS your monitor has native displayport on it)

Also it looks like your monitors only have hdmi(because of your dvi to hdmi) so you will be looking for a "active mini-displayport to HDMI adapter"
I cant find any of those adapters on newegg.

jgarner

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response. I had planned on using the display ports. I actually got adapters for the display ports only to find that I need mini-display port to HDMI whereas I had purchased display port to HDMI adapters, but I'll look for active mini display ports adapters to HDMI.

As for Newegg, I'm in France so I'll first see what i can find some over here ;)

Thanks again for your advice

jgarner

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011

Hi dontqqnub,

I have 4 HDMI on one monitor / 2 HDMI plus VGA on another and then a Panasonic Plasma screen that has 4 HDMI ports + a VGA port

Thanks