It seems that your explorer.exe crashes when you open Windows Explorer.
You can try creating a new user account and try clicking on the File Explorer icon. In most cases the issue is resolved using this method. If the problem still persists, you can refresh your Windows 8 computer. Although Refresh your PC option doesn’t change your files and personalization settings and installed apps from Windows Store, it removes the apps that you have installed from CD/DVD or from the Internet. Also, to be on the safer side, you should back up all your data on the hard disk drive before starting the Refresh process. Follow the given below steps to refresh your computer:
1. Hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window or press Windows + C to open Charms bar.
2. From the displayed options, click Settings.
3. From the bottom of the Settings pane, click Change PC settings.
4. On PC settings window, click to select General category from the left section.
5. From the right section, click Get started under Refresh your PC without affecting your files.
6. On Refresh your PC screen, click Next.
7. On Insert media screen, insert Windows 8 installation media into CD/DVD drive, and click Refresh button to start the refresh process.