Panasonic FZ5 / FZ20 : Opinion / Tips Wanted.

Last response: in Digital Camera
May 6, 2005 3:22:21 PM

Hello,

I've just purchased a Panasonic FZ5 as my replacement of my old Camera.

I have seen a lot of very positive review about this camera, but i will
apreciate to share some experience and opinion on it.

Is there any FZ5 user here ?
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 7:06:15 PM

"Gelu Laurent" <laurent@loloweb.dyns.cx> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've just purchased a Panasonic FZ5 as my replacement of my old Camera.
>
> I have seen a lot of very positive review about this camera, but i will
> apreciate to share some experience and opinion on it.
>
> Is there any FZ5 user here ?

Have not used mine a lot but so far am very pleased with it. I have grabbed
some nice shots at full zoom. (I have a 20D with a 100-400 IS lens and it's
amazing how close the FZ5 comes to that kit in terms of wildlife shots).
The image stabilization seems to work well. My wife has taken it out three
times and taken some good shots. She used the simple mode and that's
probably all she will ever use. She likes the camera; especially its size,
weight and handling.

I have read the manual and think I have a good handle on its features. The
EVF is marginal, so I will not miss having manual focus. The auto focus
works well.

I will post a shot or three on my web site in a week or so. Hope you enjoy
yours.
!