Windows 7 User Account Control

benbrockn

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how I can run a program, Core Temp.exe, on Windows 7 without having to manually enter the admin password and manually run it after logged in.

I tried 3 ways:

1) Run as Admin

■Went to both the shortcut and the program location -> properties -> "Run as Admin" ---> didn't work
■Also checked "Run in Compatibility mode for windows 7" ---> didn't work

2) Task Scheduler

■Use Task Scheduler to run the program at startup---> didn't work
■run whenever any user logs in---> didn't work
■run whenever I log in ---> didn't work
■All of the above triggers at once ---> didn't work

3) Registry Editor

■Local Machine -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Run
■Made a string to run the program ---> didn't work

All I want is this program to run whether I'm logged into any account. Specifically, my Limited Account so that I can monitor my CPU temperature and usage. It works after I run the program manually, this pops up "do you want the following program from an unknown publisher....", and enter in my admin password, but this is tiring.

The program was downloaded at download.cnet.com and was put in C:\Program Files\Core Temp

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.

Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.