PC Restarts after a few minutes of BC2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
How can I fix the problem?

It's only with Bad Company 2 when my PC restarts.

I notice that it restarts when the GPU reaches 70c( Which isnt bad right?) and it usually happens after 30 minutes of playing the game.

I thought it was a hardware problem, but with Crysis I ran it on Ultra and the temp got up to 75c(GPU temp) and I played that for a while.

So is it some kind of driver I am missing or hardware failing?

My Specs:
- Phenom II 840T @2.9
- 6TB
- 1TB
- XFX 6870 (Stock clocks) *Just bought it Thursday
- 620w Antec High Current Gamer *Just bought last week
Case: HAF 912 (Only 1 exhaust fan, might be getting a 200mm for intake)

Solution
Which driver revision are you using? If you are using one of the beta drivers out right now that can cause issues with some games. Try some other titles, is it only crashing in BC2? Or are you getting BSODs and restarts in most or all games? If you have the latest official driver (11.9) try 11.8 and see if the problem persists. You can also try furmark if you want to check your GPU's stability. If you are getting crashes from multiple games across multiple driver revisions then you probably have a hardware problem. If it's hardware it could either be the video card, power supply, or as stated above CPU overheating. If it is between PSU and graphics, you're going to have to see if you can get another PSU or similar graphics card and test...

zakattak80

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
(70/75c) what component are these temps from, i'm going to assume the gpu. so yes those temps are safe for a gpu, but have you checked your cpu temp? cpu usage is dependent on the game so i'd check the cpu temps as you play

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Here are some details about the crash:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8006A9C2A8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102211-20919-01.dmp
C:\Users\Juan's Computer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44054-0.sysdata.xml

I really hope this isnt an issue for BF3.

Which driver revision are you using? If you are using one of the beta drivers out right now that can cause issues with some games. Try some other titles, is it only crashing in BC2? Or are you getting BSODs and restarts in most or all games? If you have the latest official driver (11.9) try 11.8 and see if the problem persists. You can also try furmark if you want to check your GPU's stability. If you are getting crashes from multiple games across multiple driver revisions then you probably have a hardware problem. If it's hardware it could either be the video card, power supply, or as stated above CPU overheating. If it is between PSU and graphics, you're going to have to see if you can get another PSU or similar graphics card and test with that.

Solution

Lutfij

Titan
hang on! you running an OC on that rig of your's? if this was an intel core i build than i'd have advised looking into the OC settings...though this is an AMD rig :/

could be a faulty hardware

Edit;
0x124 = WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
from here

would be related to the drivers.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Since you stated that this issue only happens with BC2. I must ask you about any other demanding games you played. Also, what do you use your PC for(aside from gaming).

One more thing, check for the latest sound card/onboard sound from the manufacturer's website

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
@youssef 2012
I just browse the web, and render out videos(Dont do this often).

@Supernova
Yeah, I ran Crysis and it had higher temps, but nothing happened. Already tried older drivers, didnt work. Now I am re-installing the game. Let's hope this works.

Lutfij

Titan
If he's getting a BSOD from BC2, it's probably a driver issue.
hmmm - overlooked the BC2 part. Oddly enough, BFBC2 is a very CPU intensive game - crysis however is a GPU intensive game.

i had one thread where the OP had his mosfets heat up to near alarming temps when only gaming on BC2...later digging found that BC2 did this to many people.

so i think its a stock cooler problem. your cooler isn't enough to cool your cpu when you game with BC2. on second thoughts - please post FULL system specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.