PS2 DNA error 612

My son and I are trying to hook up his PS2 with a router, we keep getting
an DNA 612 error message, We just bought D-Link broadband router, Cat 5 (50
Foot cable), he can play on the internet hooking up straight thru the modem
but not when using the router. The PS2 and the router is in different
rooms, What is a DNAS 612 error mean and how do we fix it?
1 answer Last reply
More about error

    "bob nagle via GamesKB.com" <forum@nospam.GamesKB.com> wrote in message
    > My son and I are trying to hook up his PS2 with a router, we keep getting
    > an DNA 612 error message, We just bought D-Link broadband router, Cat 5
    (50
    > Foot cable), he can play on the internet hooking up straight thru the
    modem
    > but not when using the router. The PS2 and the router is in different
    > rooms, What is a DNAS 612 error mean and how do we fix it?

    FYI, you can find a list of DNAS error messages here:

    http://www.mgforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24784

    A 612 is: "The DNS resolver cannot be found. "DNAS Error (-612) A network
    error has occurred." Please double-check your network connection and/or
    network configuration."

    Not sure exactly how to fix it, but perhaps you need to disable a firewall.
    I'm sure someone else who is more tech-savvy will post a solution.

Console Gaming Routers PlayStation Video Games