970A-G46 Troubleshooting.

Goutmister

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello,
I recently purchased and installed my new motherboard which is the MSI 970A-G46 along with CPU which is AMD FX 8320 8 core processor 3.5 Ghz 125W. I have everything connected properly except for one thing that does not quite make sense which is the JSP1 or (COM SPDIF) connecter from the power supply. My problem is that the computer one assembled does not power on. When plugging in the power and switching it to on, the fans spin so i know that there is power flowing properly. The connecter i mentioned earlier does not fit into the slot on this new motherboard.
Would anyone have any answers or suggestions? I am guessing that i will have to purchase a new power supply that matches all the connectors properly but i am unsure.
The power supply i am currently running is a 620W Antec Neo ECO 620c, is a +12v max load.

The JSP1 connector is normally ignored and left hanging. This link tells about all your PSU connectors and what they are for http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html
The 620W Antec Neo ECO should be able to power your system (provided you are not running dual graphics cards). Fans spinning does not indicate a properly operating PSU, it simply means there is some juice going through the 12v rail (fans can operate with 7v, sometimes less).
You might check to ensure you have the 4+4 connector plugged into the motherboard and not the 6+2 connectors and that all connections are firmly connected. Other than that, the PSU connection guide may be able to help. You can also try resetting you CMOS clock, that may help

buris

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
if you hit keep bios (jbat1) you will be able to use the PC just fine, it's a specific problem with this board.

I just have my reset button set to keep bios and hit it every time before I turn on my computer.