lazypie_man

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I just built a pc and everything is working fine except my second monitor wont duplicate or extend, but the monitor works and is recognized as being there I just can’t change the resolution to get signal to the monitor, i just keep getting the warning unable to save display settings.

Running win7
My graphics card is ATI HD 6970 Iv had the graphics card checked and everything is working fine.

Oinyx

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

I know this isnt going to help you at all. But I have the same problem and I have been doing some research myself. If i come across anything, I'll let you know as you have gone to the trouble of posting this problem in so many forums. However. i ahve some bad knews and some specualtion. The bad knews is.. My graphics card happens to be the... Radeon HD 6970. Yes we have the same card. Could be the cards problem. However i Have 2 computer with the exact same settup both with this card. and 1 is able to run dual monitors and the other is not. Exact clones. The only difference at the moment is that one of them has 16gig ram and the other is 12gig ram. The setup with 12gig ram is the one with a working dual screen. having said this. It's very possible the your monitor is causing your problems. Mine is a ViewSonic VX2753mh. Other people with the same screen have had the same issue as us. More information if u want.

The working setup is connected by
1 hdmi-hdmi cable to tv
1 dvi-dvi cable connected to monitor

Not working setup connected by
1 hdmi-dvi(DVI is connected to the desktop and hdmi is connected to the TV) Yes as you guessed this is a HDMI to DVI cable.
1 hdmi-hdmi cable to monitor.

If this helps or does not. It cant hurt. Goodluck with everything. Also if u have come across the fix to such problem. Please do share.
I.T. support rep Oinyx