Asus M4A78LT-M LE & Radeon HD6950

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
The thread title says most of it - I have a motherboard bundle with an AMD phenom 2 6 core 1055T - after failing for an online self build this was a local purchase - it works perfectly fine and came with 4GB 1333 RAM 780watt psu no problems. I have a radeon hd 6950 graphics card that fits into the motherboard with no problems power connected fans spin etc - installed drivers off the disk which it came with but the system dosnt recognise that there is a graphics card.

Any ideas? system is windows 7 64bit - and on failed online build with a gigabyte motherboard the card did work until the motherboard broke.

cheers luke

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
its enabled - I think but only gives me a list of different order of preference for graphics - I changed it so that pci was first - assuming that this would make it the primary graphics card but still not detecting.

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I installed the drivers with the gpu installed - i have tried with a monitor plugged in to the card but nothing is displayed - other than the fan spinning and heating up theres no signs of it working

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Bios is most recent one I think version 801 - no option to disable but - primary video controller is on deafult with: gfx0-gpp-igfx-pci - i have tried a few combinations of the order but apparently makes no difference. This is a new mobo and new card - old board accepted the card very easily - was a gigabyte board but that messed up for other reasons multiple times and returned

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Nope second option i think pcs going out of my window - i cant help but think all i need to do is disable on board graphics but there is no option at all - may just have to get a less awkward board

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
update on this one - took the graphics card to a local computer shop who have confirmed that the card is faulty - I returned it to Overclockers.co.uk who were absolutely useless saying that my warranty was void without even testing the component to find out what was wrong - a very small fand blade of which there are 22 in total on the card was missing and apparently I should have made a thorough inspection on receipt of the goods. Despite the fact that cooling tends not to be a problem on a card that doesnt work in the first place.

fatlittlemonkey

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Im not letting it drop - im going to talk to trading standards to see if there is anything i can do - if the card broke down due to overheating i could at least understand their problem - fact is I cant afford another card so need this one replaced :(