Best mobo for i3 2100 Asus

prototype18

Distinguished
Hi guys this is my first post here so i hope i will do good ;)

I wanna buy a new computer cuz i sold my old one. I want to go on a mid configuration.
i was thinking about

Cpu : i3 2100
Mobo : Asus p8z68 v
Gpu : Gtx 460 gigabyte
PSU : Gx 750 W
Case : Haf 912
Cpu cooler : 212+
Hd : 750 gb wd caviar green
a normal dvd writter
and normal mouse and keyboard :D
so i wanted to know if my configuration is ok . i am planning on a core i5 in about 1-2 years or adding anther gtx 460 (im in dilema ) :)
i will play some games with a 20" samsung led monitor 1600 x 900 like bf3 or mfw and racing lovely games :) so am i ok with this config or its overkill ?! i can change my mobo to its the decision about sli in future ...and p8z68 have onboard graphics cuz i will stay about 2-3 months with that tll i get the gtx 460 .
P.S feel free to talk in whatever computer language :) I am an IT first year working like and i love my job :)

Thank you guys i apricciate every answer :))):):)

xtreme5

Distinguished

it's an excellent mine have same setup only cpu is 2500k solid performance!! :)

prototype18

Distinguished

y but now im on a tight budget cuz im paying it :S so i need to save some more and mby upgrade ...if not after 1-2 i will do it lets hope i3 will do what ill ask him :)

razvan_mz

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
- your configuration is not as optimum as you think, why do you prefer to buy a i3 2100 if you want already to change it? in 1 or 2 years.... the configuration will be outdated, it will appear another platforms, processors and so on..., buy now an i5 if you really want it.
- the MB: it has 3 way sli/cfx, why so many if you do not intend to use all of it?
- the HDD: i'd rather prefer a black edition for gaming...
- don't waste your money on features that you're not able to use all of them, like the 3 way sli for ex, I personaly have a single pci-ex16[gen2] slot, and am very happy with it.

xtreme5

Distinguished

what? are you kidding it's not neccessary to fill all the pci-e slots if you read his post completely as he stated that i'm planning on i5 but he has not much money to get i5 that's why he choose i3 for a budget and he also stated that 2nd gtx 460 is for sli so why are you avoiding him from that board it's an fantastic item.

prototype18

Distinguished
- your configuration is not as optimum as you think, why do you prefer to buy a i3 2100 if you want already to change it? in 1 or 2 years.... the configuration will be outdated, it will appear another platforms, processors and so on..., buy now an i5 if you really want it.
- the MB: it has 3 way sli/cfx, why so many if you do not intend to use all of it?
- the HDD: i'd rather prefer a black edition for gaming...
- don't waste your money on features that you're not able to use all of them, like the 3 way sli for ex, I personaly have a single pci-ex16[gen2] slot, and am very happy with it.

as i said i plain to upgrade to a near future ....i chose that board cuz i waNT on board graphic cuz i will stay 1 moth with them till i get my gtx 460 gigabyte and overclock it ...also i want my board to be able to overclock i5 2500k ...so if u can tell me about another mobo that has at least sli ...non quad at least normal sli and onboard graphic i would appriciATE that ... ty

what? are you kidding it's not neccessary to fill all the pci-e slots if you read his post completely as he stated that i'm planning on i5 but he has not much money to get i5 that's why he choose i3 for a budget and he also stated that 2nd gtx 460 is for sli so why are you avoiding him from that board it's an fantastic item.
i want to spend money on the board cuz i think i will keep it for some good years