Best mobo for i3 2100 Asus

Hi guys this is my first post here so i hope i will do good ;)

I wanna buy a new computer cuz i sold my old one. I want to go on a mid configuration.
i was thinking about

Cpu : i3 2100
Mobo : Asus p8z68 v
Gpu : Gtx 460 gigabyte
PSU : Gx 750 W
Case : Haf 912
Cpu cooler : 212+
Hd : 750 gb wd caviar green
a normal dvd writter
and normal mouse and keyboard :D
so i wanted to know if my configuration is ok . i am planning on a core i5 in about 1-2 years or adding anther gtx 460 (im in dilema ) :)
i will play some games with a 20" samsung led monitor 1600 x 900 like bf3 or mfw and racing lovely games :) so am i ok with this config or its overkill ?! i can change my mobo to its the decision about sli in future ...and p8z68 have onboard graphics cuz i will stay about 2-3 months with that tll i get the gtx 460 .
P.S feel free to talk in whatever computer language :) I am an IT first year working like and i love my job :)

Thank you guys i apricciate every answer :))):):)
13 answers Last reply
More about best mobo 2100 asus
  1. awesome! build don't change any thing i vote it 5/5
  2. @extreme5 thank you for ur opinion :) i searched this parts for 2 weeks till i got this build ;)
  3. prototype18 said:
    @extreme5 thank you for ur opinion :) i searched this parts for 2 weeks till i got this build ;)

    it's an excellent mine have same setup only cpu is 2500k solid performance!! :)
  4. xtreme5 said:
    it's an excellent mine have same setup only cpu is 2500k solid performance!! :)


    y but now im on a tight budget cuz im paying it :S so i need to save some more and mby upgrade ...if not after 1-2 i will do it lets hope i3 will do what ill ask him :)
  5. haha! i mean i have same setup as you but my cpu is 2500k asus p8z68v pro rockssss!
  6. - your configuration is not as optimum as you think, why do you prefer to buy a i3 2100 if you want already to change it? in 1 or 2 years.... the configuration will be outdated, it will appear another platforms, processors and so on..., buy now an i5 if you really want it.
    - the MB: it has 3 way sli/cfx, why so many if you do not intend to use all of it?
    - the HDD: i'd rather prefer a black edition for gaming...
    - don't waste your money on features that you're not able to use all of them, like the 3 way sli for ex, I personaly have a single pci-ex16[gen2] slot, and am very happy with it.
  7. razvan_mz said:
    - your configuration is not as optimum as you think, why do you prefer to buy a i3 2100 if you want already to change it? in 1 or 2 years.... the configuration will be outdated, it will appear another platforms, processors and so on..., buy now an i5 if you really want it.
    - the MB: it has 3 way sli/cfx, why so many if you do not intend to use all of it?
    - the HDD: i'd rather prefer a black edition for gaming...
    - don't waste your money on features that you're not able to use all of them, like the 3 way sli for ex, I personaly have a single pci-ex16[gen2] slot, and am very happy with it.

    what? are you kidding it's not neccessary to fill all the pci-e slots if you read his post completely as he stated that i'm planning on i5 but he has not much money to get i5 that's why he choose i3 for a budget and he also stated that 2nd gtx 460 is for sli so why are you avoiding him from that board it's an fantastic item.
  8. Quote:
    - your configuration is not as optimum as you think, why do you prefer to buy a i3 2100 if you want already to change it? in 1 or 2 years.... the configuration will be outdated, it will appear another platforms, processors and so on..., buy now an i5 if you really want it.
    - the MB: it has 3 way sli/cfx, why so many if you do not intend to use all of it?
    - the HDD: i'd rather prefer a black edition for gaming...
    - don't waste your money on features that you're not able to use all of them, like the 3 way sli for ex, I personaly have a single pci-ex16[gen2] slot, and am very happy with it.



    as i said i plain to upgrade to a near future ....i chose that board cuz i waNT on board graphic cuz i will stay 1 moth with them till i get my gtx 460 gigabyte and overclock it ...also i want my board to be able to overclock i5 2500k ...so if u can tell me about another mobo that has at least sli ...non quad at least normal sli and onboard graphic i would appriciATE that ... ty


    Quote:
    what? are you kidding it's not neccessary to fill all the pci-e slots if you read his post completely as he stated that i'm planning on i5 but he has not much money to get i5 that's why he choose i3 for a budget and he also stated that 2nd gtx 460 is for sli so why are you avoiding him from that board it's an fantastic item.
    i want to spend money on the board cuz i think i will keep it for some good years
  9. then your selected mobo is amazing item don't mess it.
  10. @xtreme i wanted to ask u about msi boards like MSI Z68A G45 (b3) ...or i should stick with asus mobo cuz i heard they are the best. ? :)
  11. aarrgh! My friend i told you so many time just stay with asus they have great features as compared to other z68 chipset.
  12. srry man :p dont get mad :D ok im going for it ..ill tell u when i get it :) and my new pc within 1-2 weeks :D
  13. ok ok! enjoy your upcoming build....:) :)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems