Asrock Extreme 4-M

noworktoday

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Great! now I know it's compatible.
for the RAM I was advised to get 16gb since I'll be using heavy photoshop and video editing, do you know what's the difference why the dominator is almost double the price of vengance?

noworktoday

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

for the RAM I was advised to get 16gb since I'll be using heavy photoshop and video editing, do you know what's the difference why the dominator is almost double the price of vengance?

noworktoday

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

e56imfg

Distinguished
First of all, stop spamming.

Second, the Dominators come with lighting effects and a fancy heat spreader. The Dominators use different ICs compared to the Vengeance that allows for extreme overclocks.

If you aren't planning to OC your RAM, buy the Vengeance and try opting for the low profile versions.

I would recommend Samsung's 30nm 2x4GB RAM, but they are always out of stock due to high demand. It uses 30nm technology which helps in overclocking. I currently run my kit at 1866 9-9-9-24 @1.35v

noworktoday

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion, also I noticed both of you recommends 8gb instead of 16
so I guess I'll stick with 8gb. seems like i won't be getting my hands on that samsung.
can you suggest other brands that is low profile and close to samsung's?

and sorry for the spam, I was getting an error everytime I hit submit reply.
didn't know my reply gets posted everytime even it shows error. :p

TRENDING THREADS