Depends on a lot of factors, like do you need a card right now or do you have a decent card allready and can use that for a while. Don't have a card now or a shitty one and are a game addict who can't live without a decent gpu, so can't really wait ?
The only one who can answer that is your, can you wait or not. If you can wait well offcourse it's worth waiting then, the new 7 series are promissing.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Yeah it really depends how patient you are. If you can wait, then I'm sure it will be worth it.

Wow you really know how to make a sandwich.

Anyway the question is how long do you want to wait because it's never a good thing to get a card when it's just released because you want the kinks worked out and drivers optimized so you would wait a month or so then jump in. Right now we don't actually even know when the release date is. As everyone has been saying it's a question of your patience and or needs. From the little tidbits that are released this new card is supposed to be something really powerful. The track record for recent releases is not good with Buldozer and Rage being huge flops. Sometimes it makes sense to go with what you know.

Mid-highgfx

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Am i the only one disturbed by the fact that it seems it was only ONE BITE?

Also i have a 4890 and Guild Wars 2 isint out yet so ill just wait, i just asked because like FX processors sucked! so it wasent worth it.

Mid-highgfx

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
shutup, I was hungry.... :kaola:

well, so far AMD has not disappointed us yet and the HD7k wont be such a big change in architecture compared to Phenom to zamabezi , so relax....I hope

There is actually a 570 Super Clocked (EVGA) @ 310 bucks on ebay :p!

I expect the current trend to continue with ATI dominating in the < $200 segment and the nVidia dominating at $200 and up. nVidia's production problems with last generation GPU's (4xx) resulted from a perhaps overly ambitious leap in technology which lost them significant market share against the 5xxx series. But that investment paid dividends later on.

Here's how DX 11 current generation (5xx / 69xx) are running as a percentage of machines hitting Steam's Servers

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 5.69%
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 3.47%
ATI Radeon HD 6950 - 3.28%
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 2.85%
ATI Radeon HD 6970 - 1.52%

Mid-highgfx

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
not it;s something like a Core2 MCM or Core2Quad, but with 3 modules!

Triple Cheese ham sandvich :D

1st hand or second hand? I wouldnt buy it if it's 2nd hand .
and HD7k is coming out christmas, just wait.
Besides 300USd could land u a HD7950 soon, and if the naming schemes dont change, a HD7870 could be as powerful as a GX570 at just half the power consumption

Its new lol, brand new :)

Mid-highgfx

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

230 Euros = 318.94100 U.S. dollars

Anyways, lucky me then? :DD::D:D:D::D

Mid-highgfx

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011

He already sold 2 at 300 and it worked great for them...now its 310 so i coulda gotten it slightly cheaper too >_>

still seems like a good deal...! here i come 570 SOC!

What game are you trying to play ? Do you currently havea 4890 ?

I might wait if I were in that position. You might see a price drop on Nvidia cards for competition sake like they did with the 460/465/470 when the 68xx series came out.