Don't want underlining on folder tree entries

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.

But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a folder as soon
as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows Explorer's folder tree.

I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor over the entries
on the right side pane of Windows Explorer

How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder tree?
4 answers Last reply
More about underlining folder tree entries
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
    options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open and item'.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message news:955319BF8E3B98FCE1@127.0.0.1...
    >I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
    >
    > But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a folder as soon
    > as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows Explorer's folder tree.
    >
    > I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor over the entries
    > on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
    >
    > How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder tree?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I am (almost) sure that in "double click mode" I was able to hover over the
    Windows Explorer folder tree without any clicks and I would NOT get the
    underlining.

    That is what I am trying to get to.

    "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

    > You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not
    > just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
    > options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open
    > and item'.

    > "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
    >>
    >> But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a
    >> folder as soon as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows
    >> Explorer's folder tree.
    >>
    >> I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor
    >> over the entries on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
    >>
    >> How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder
    >> tree?
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi Zak,

    Single click underlines. As for hover, check your settings here:

    TweakUI/Mouse/X-Mouse: http://tinyurl.com/h8zs

    Right click the Start button/Properties/Customize/Advanced/Open submenu's
    when I pause on them with my mouse.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Zak" <zakatak@mail.com> wrote in message
    >I am (almost) sure that in "double click mode" I was able to hover over the
    > Windows Explorer folder tree without any clicks and I would NOT get the
    > underlining.
    >
    > That is what I am trying to get to.
    >

    > "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
    >>
    >> You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not
    >> just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
    >> options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open
    >> and item'.
    >

    >> "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
    >>>
    >>> But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a
    >>> folder as soon as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows
    >>> Explorer's folder tree.
    >>>
    >>> I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor
    >>> over the entries on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
    >>>
    >>> How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder
    >>> tree?

    In the Folder Options, View tab, uncheck "Display simple folder view....."

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
    I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.

    But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a folder as soon
    as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows Explorer's folder tree.

    I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor over the entries
    on the right side pane of Windows Explorer

    How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder tree?

Configuration Cursor Microsoft Windows XP