Don't want underlining on folder tree entries

zak

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.

But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a folder as soon
as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows Explorer's folder tree.

I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor over the entries
on the right side pane of Windows Explorer

How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder tree?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open and item'.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message news:955319BF8E3B98FCE1@127.0.0.1...
>I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
>
> But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a folder as soon
> as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows Explorer's folder tree.
>
> I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor over the entries
> on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
>
> How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder tree?

zak

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I am (almost) sure that in "double click mode" I was able to hover over the
Windows Explorer folder tree without any clicks and I would NOT get the
underlining.

That is what I am trying to get to.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote:

> You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not
> just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
> options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open
> and item'.

> "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
>>
>> But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a
>> folder as soon as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows
>> Explorer's folder tree.
>>
>> I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor
>> over the entries on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
>>
>> How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder
>> tree?

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi Zak,

Single click underlines. As for hover, check your settings here:

TweakUI/Mouse/X-Mouse: http://tinyurl.com/h8zs

Right click the Start button/Properties/Customize/Advanced/Open submenu's
when I pause on them with my mouse.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Zak" <zakatak@mail.com> wrote in message
>I am (almost) sure that in "double click mode" I was able to hover over the
> Windows Explorer folder tree without any clicks and I would NOT get the
> underlining.
>
> That is what I am trying to get to.
>

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>> You can only double click to OPEN a file or folder and not
>> just selecting it. You can set this through tools > folder
>> options and on the general tab, select 'Double click to open
>> and item'.
>

>> "Zak" <zak@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>>I want to be able to double click to select a file or folder.
>>>
>>> But I don't want underlining to automatically appear under a
>>> folder as soon as I put my cursor on that folder in Windows
>>> Explorer's folder tree.
>>>
>>> I don't get automatic underlining when I hover the cursor
>>> over the entries on the right side pane of Windows Explorer
>>>
>>> How do I remove the automatic underlining from the folder
>>> tree?

In the Folder Options, View tab, uncheck "Display simple folder view....."

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User