Sign in with
Your question

Z77 Extreme3 HDMI Input, PCIE Slot One Not Working

Last response: in Motherboards
January 31, 2013 8:40:22 PM

Hello,

Hi. I just built my first computer, with the help of my roommate, and we ran into a problem we can't solve.

My specs:

CPU - Intel i5-3570K
Motherboard - ASRock z77 Extreme3
GPU - Diamond Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
RAM - 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Blue
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master 212 EVO
Storage - 240 GB Intel Series 330 SSD
PSU - Seasonic 620W Modular Unit
OS - Windows 8 64-bit

I originally installed the GPU in the first PCIE slot, nearest the CPU and attempted a dual monitor setup. It was not recognized by the PC and found that the HDMI input on my GPU was not putting out video. I tested the HDMI port on the motherboard and that also did not work. I tested the cable on my roommates PC and it worked perfectly. I then tried to run the video through the DVI on the motherboard, which did work. I moved the GPU to the second PCIE slot and the card is recognized bu the computer. The DVI input works in the second PCIE slot, but the HDMI still does not output display. I have updated to the newest drivers (that I can find) for both the GPU and motherboard, but that doesn't seem to solve any problems.

Also, my GPU works on my roommate's PC, as we decided to test it there.

Any idea of what to do? Thank you.
February 1, 2013 2:40:24 PM

tackaberry said:
Hello,

Hi. I just built my first computer, with the help of my roommate, and we ran into a problem we can't solve.

My specs:

CPU - Intel i5-3570K
Motherboard - ASRock z77 Extreme3
GPU - Diamond Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
RAM - 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Blue
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master 212 EVO
Storage - 240 GB Intel Series 330 SSD
PSU - Seasonic 620W Modular Unit
OS - Windows 8 64-bit

I originally installed the GPU in the first PCIE slot, nearest the CPU and attempted a dual monitor setup. It was not recognized by the PC and found that the HDMI input on my GPU was not putting out video. I tested the HDMI port on the motherboard and that also did not work. I tested the cable on my roommates PC and it worked perfectly. I then tried to run the video through the DVI on the motherboard, which did work. I moved the GPU to the second PCIE slot and the card is recognized bu the computer. The DVI input works in the second PCIE slot, but the HDMI still does not output display. I have updated to the newest drivers (that I can find) for both the GPU and motherboard, but that doesn't seem to solve any problems.

Also, my GPU works on my roommate's PC, as we decided to test it there.

Any idea of what to do? Thank you.

When you right click your desktop and go to "screen resolution", try clicking on the "detect" button with the HDMI cable plugged into your second monitor.
m
l
!