Front panel connections not detecting headphones

toastmaster

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Firstly I apologise if this has been asked many times before, but I couldn't seem to find an answer that applied to me.

I've built a new system and everything is working fine, however when I connect my headphones/mic to the front panel connectors I am getting no sound from them.
I have an Asrock Z68 motherboard with realtek HD audio and the front panel connectors are HD audio. I've got the most recent drivers (R2.62) from the Asrock website.

The headset works fine with the rear connectors. I have seen quite a few people have success with disabling the front panel detection in Realtek HD audio manager however I don't have the option to do that there should be a yellow folder in the analog section which I don't have.

aea3xs.jpg

I suspect the problem is the jacks appear to be active all the time, they show as highlighted when nothing is connected (headphone jack apparently is connected to the speakers according to the tooltip).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

toastmaster

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Well, it turns out the excellent people who built my case wired the two jacks the wrong way round.
Headphones are marked for microphone and vice versa. So it works just fine now even if its a little annoying.

Should really have tried that but it didn't cross my mind initially.
Nevermind then, you can ignore this thread now.