Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z77-V Pro BIOS - Not working?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 31, 2013 11:54:13 PM

Hey there,

Build my first computer just today, and ran into a slight issue. Basically everything seems to be connected, but whenever I try to power it up, the FLBK LED light is flashing at a pace: 1 every second then after 5-6 seconds, two quick flashes.

It has been repeating this for 10 minutes or so now.

Should I just leave it? Or do I have a problem somewhere?

Thanks.
February 1, 2013 12:22:16 AM

May I add, fans don't spin, no display is shown. There is just the green light under one of the graphics cards, and then the flashing FLBK LED light.
May 26, 2013 11:37:05 PM

Hi, just to add my personal experience. I had the same symptom: FLBK LED flashing 5 or 6 times, then fast flash, then starts again this cycle, and nothing else working, cpu fan not starting, etc...

I tested the board outside the case with only the CPU+CPU-fan and nothing else (no RAM, no HD, nothing plugged except power for the board and CPU). It was ok, CPU fan started and board showed red LED because of no RAM module found (which is normal).

I put the board back in the case and I tested it plugging all components/wires one after the other (power off when plugging something, of course). Eventually it was the case LED to show Hard Drive activity that was creating a shortcut.

Cheers.
!