What cpu for bf3?

alegomaster

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

Depends. What gpu are you using.

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
it doesnt matter what gpu you use. a fx 4100 gets the same performance with a 7970 as a 2700k. BF3 uses vary little cpu. any quad core and most dual cores will drive the best gpu out there for this game.

loneninja

Distinguished

:ouch: You clearly haven't played BF3, a dual core will drop into single digit minimums during 64 player games. You NEED A QUAD CORE. :lol:

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
It is hard to answer that question with so little information... you probably can run BF3 with a i3 2100 + hd 6770 at 1280x720 with low details in a 64 MP map flawlessly...

So to answer that question we need to know what is the resolution you expect to play in and at what level of detail aswell as what graphics card your using.

Your cpu should be alright to do medium/high settings if you have a gtx 560 ti for eg. at 1080p aiming for 45 FPS

It is very relative and depends on what you expect, but your CPU will hardly be the bottleneck.

my sister's pc has that same cpu + [strike]5870[/strike] 5770 and i'm able to play it in medium/high settings at 1680x1050 and get around 40fps

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

theres no discussion about the answer to this. GET a quad core. an fx4100, an i5 2500k. just dont get a dual core. i dont know how people are still saying the i3 2100 is still good. its CRAP its a puny dual core. it fails at skyrim and bf3. all games are going to move to a min of quad cores. the i3 is a peice of junk i would never buy one

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
the processor you selected ( core i5 750 ) will be fine. If you want to get into 64player multi with full detail i would look at getting a cpu cooler and oc'ing a little bit. I own one my self and has oc'd very easily. running at 4ghz 24/7.

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
theres no discussion about the answer to this. GET a quad core. an fx4100, an i5 2500k. just dont get a dual core. i dont know how people are still saying the i3 2100 is still good. its CRAP its a puny dual core. it fails at skyrim and bf3. all games are going to move to a min of quad cores. the i3 is a peice of junk i would never buy one

You need to relax a bit...he doesn't need to get a quad core. The i5 750 is a quad core and a pretty good one for now...

As for i3 being crap and all the games moving to 4 cores, as i said before here in the forums it is been said to happen since 2007 that all the games will move to 4 cores, yet we are in 2012 and surprise of surprises we still using only 2 cores in most cases... if you are on low budget i3 is still the way to go and it delivers well enough. Just don't expect to be playing on ultra details at 1080p res and over 60 fps in all games...it doesnt happen with most quad cores anyway unless you spend over 250$ on a GPU. Stop trolling about.
(completly off topic sorry about that)

Hey guys. Just a quick question, Will the i5 750 CPU be enough for bf3? thnx

Yes it is enough...even if you are on a 64mp it shouldn't botleneck your system.

As for the graphics card, it really falls down to what settings you expect to use as i said before....

Hope it helps...

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

wow bud your getting mad because you have an i3 2100. your biased and ur a fanboy. dual cores are out sry to break it to you there not anything close to future proof so youl be throwing money down the drain. maybe he wants to play games besides warcraft 3? quad core is a smarter idea. just because you wasted ur cash on a i3 2100 doesnt mean he should so invest in a life : ) . skyrim and battle feild3 should be played on a quad. ur i3 is missing a few cores

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
wow bud your getting mad because you have an i3 2100. your biased and ur a fanboy. dual cores are out sry to break it to you there not anything close to future proof so youl be throwing money down the drain. maybe he wants to play games besides warcraft 3? quad core is a smarter idea. just because you wasted ur cash on a i3 2100 doesn't mean he should so invest in a life : ) . skyrim and battle feild3 should be played on a quad. ur i3 is missing a few cores

I realy shouldn't but you're amusing me...

For your information bud the only computer I own is a Compaq 6720 which is packed with a intel pentium dual core t2390 at 1,86GHZ and with 2gb of ddr2 RAM... I've never had a i3, actually i didn't buy anything yet after I bought a q6600 which lasted 5 years and its still runing everything you throw at it in a friends house.

That said, you should read this and take a very good look at this article. Remember that not everyone expects to play bf3 maxed out in triple monitor configs as not everyone expects their pc to last 3 years.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-overclock,3159-9.html

That should answer your claims... There's things you should learn for yourself. As I said it all depends on one's expectations.

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
Oh and as for skyrim theres people playing it on ultra at 1080p on dual cores everywhere and geting over 40 fps easily, i'm sorry to be breaking it for you there...troll

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

is that so "bud"? unfortunatley anyone can say the babble your talking about. you clearly are an intel fanboy. your rig is powerfully weak. rofl um with that pc YOU CANNOT throw everything at it. you might be able to throw something at it or throw it out the window that i can understand. lmao ahh this is amusing. i hate to burst your bubble but people are not playing skyrim at 1080 p full settings smoothly with an i3 lmaooooo. btw battlefeild 3 on your computer would be a laughing stock! you must be dilusional thinking that a good cpu can magically make you play a tripple monitor set up hahahhaha

He already has a pretty decent quad core in the first place (assuming that he's already using the i5 750), so your points, as misguided as they are, are irrelevant in this thread, anyway.

And CPU power (while still somewhat important) takes a back seat to GPU muscle when you go to higher resolutions, and especially with a triple monitor config...

Pedrovsky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
The article can actually confirm what i'm saying about skyrim on a i3. I don't realy understand what's that about being a AMD or Intel fanboy but whatever makes you happy is fine by me.

yes everyone can say the babble i'm talking about because it is true lol. just look at the benchs here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-gaming-pc-overclock,3159-9.html

And it is obvious for anyone but you that my laptop never was intended for gaming.

diablo34life

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

i thought you said your rig could handle anything you throw at it? hahaha ..........
heres your masterpeice i3 on 1080p lmao http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Intel-Ivy-Bridge-CPU-Benchmarked-Against-Core-i3-2100-and-i3-530-4.jpg/

and at medium settings. ouch?