Your question

Memory upgrade help

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Memory Upgrade
Last response: in Memory
February 1, 2013 12:37:09 AM

So i have a bent pin on my mobo and because it is over 90 degrees its pretty difficult to fix it without risking more damage.The pc boots but loops (recovering lost smth) on boot .so i have 6gb of ram and only use 4gb.I have the gigabyte x58a-ud3r and i currently have 3x2 ram and the mobo has 6 slots (3 blue and 3 of a different color).And because i cant fix the pin im thinking to just upgrade the ram which is not very expensive.So can i use more slots on the mobo and if i can they have to be the same model or smth?I downloaded cpuz and saw that on my memory slot it says 667 mhz ,which on the sites that i am searching for ram says something like 1333mhz. how can i find the same mhz as the one i have. Thank you.

More about : memory upgrade

a b } Memory
February 1, 2013 9:02:14 AM

Bent pin on motherboard? Please specify which pin or post a picture.
I'd say sell the old cards and buy new ones as combining old cards with new cards will create crashes. If you still go with combining new cards with old cards make sure that the old cards you buy have exact same settings as the old ones.

I have Ga-ex58-ds4 which is identical to your motherboard in hardware and I tried such settings and it didn't work.
February 1, 2013 10:37:21 AM

Well i cant post a picture because i have crappy phone.But i wanted to combine because its cheaper that way and there is no money to spare.Also you think if i go to a store they could fix the pin?(its bent over 90 degrees so its pretty tough).
a b } Memory
February 1, 2013 10:52:47 AM

90 what? C or F? and what hardware is 90?

bent pin on what?

when is the last time you cleaned the heat-sinks and fans? or reapplied thermal paste to the processor heat sink or video card?

667 is 1333. not to worry on that.
a b } Memory
February 1, 2013 11:36:37 AM

celestial_god said:
Well i cant post a picture because i have crappy phone.But i wanted to combine because its cheaper that way and there is no money to spare.Also you think if i go to a store they could fix the pin?(its bent over 90 degrees so its pretty tough).

We can't help unless you specify which pin is bent or post a picture. Don't care about the image quality since I have a same board I can identify which pin is bent.
February 1, 2013 3:00:15 PM

thanks for the response i'll try tomorrow to open the case cause im tired today and post a picture (f%^& exams)The bent pin is on the mobo btw,and 90 is the degrees the pin is bent.And yeah i need to clean the pc but i dont know the method.Thanks again.I'll report tomorrow.
!