Sign in with
Your question

Really need adice and help

Last response: in Systems
December 20, 2011 2:17:50 AM

Hey guys about 7 months ago I built a gaming rig. The other day, i accidentally spilled beer on the top of my case. Because the can just bounced off and I knew there wasn't much in it I didn't really think much about it. So when I turned the power on, The computer booted for one second and then turned off one second later. Then it automatically tried to boot again, then turned off again one second later. Thats when I noticed that there was some beer on my cpu cooler and graphics card. Immediatly I pulled the plug off my power supply, grabbed a cloth and gently wiped down my cooler and graphics card. I took my comp apart and let it dry for a few days and tried to reboot. Still the same thing, Turns on for one second and automatically turned off. I bought a new graphics card to see if that was the problem but it still does the same thing. When I took my computer apart, I didn't see any liquid on my motherboard,ram,cpu. Only on my cooler and videocard. Any suggestions why this might be happening? Anything I can do to troubleshoot this more withought beaing able to start up my comp compleatly?

Thanks guys.
Dustin

More about : adice

a b U Graphics card
December 20, 2011 1:43:59 PM

Since you started the system already with liquid on some parts, the damage may be irreversable. Only thing you can do now is troubleshoot by replacing parts. If you have onboard video, pull the video card out and try it. If you don't have much money to work with, you may end up getting a used or open box motherboard. With oem systems, you'll also need a new windows coa. If you want more advice, list your system specs.
m
l
December 20, 2011 5:23:05 PM

Sorry, this is what I have
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GV-N460SO-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
ntel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel

thanks for your help so far man
m
l
December 20, 2011 6:02:13 PM

And by the way. I pulled out my video card and a stick of ram, but still the same issue
m
l
!