Please rate my rig

itsjm

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello,
please rate my rig..intel dg965ot mobo, core2duo e6300, msi radeon hd4550 1gb,4x2gb ampo ddr2 w/ heatsinks, dvd multi recorder, all-in-one card reader, 80gb hdd ,corsair 650 watt psu, cooler master elite 430(i think), first build...

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I'm curious where you found the parts to do this build? I guess the question is does it boot, run without snags or hiccups. If so I'd say it's a successful first build. Congrats on doing something that so few people will ever dare to attempt.

itsjm

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

yes it boots im running windows 7 on it, im actually on it right now, this pc runs like a champ, some parts are new some are recycled. im curious on why u say few will attempt to build , is there something wrong with parts i chose?

king_maliken

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Nothing is wrong if works well for what you want to do with it. For that reason I say good job.

Few people build their own computers, some people don't want to bother, some people are afraid, some people don't even know how simple it actually is, some people think it's freaking magic. So good on to have stepped up.

*on the rating aspect, usually you should specify on how u want us to rate it.

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009

The fact is the vast majority of people in the world will never dream of building their own computer. While I wouldn't call it an exclusive club, it is a brotherhood of sorts. It's cool to see new people entering into it, that's all.

I see nothing wrong with your pc at all, especially considering it was your first go around with it. Again, if it boots and it runs great then you obviously did something right.

Keep at it, read reviews of new hardware as it makes its way to the marketplace and stick your head in forums from time to time. Best of luck to you and your future builds.

itsjm

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
thanks...what about this build

2nd big build

asrock motherboard
amd am2 socket 64 x2 4400+
8 gb ampx 800 4x2
160 gb hdd
450 watt psu
dvd multirecorder 24x
rosewill challenger case
4 fans (2 with blue led)
vista business 64 bit

Fiftyfifth

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

I have one question, why such small hard drives? I see you've got vista business 64b on here so presumably you're using this for business.. but 80Gb on the other?? I couldn't survive on that! I've just built my pc and I'm already using 300gig lol.

Here's my first build:
CoolerMaster 430 Elite Case
Asus P8Z68-vLX
Intel i5 2500K
4 x 4GB Corsair XMS 1600MHz
CoolerMaster GX650 psu
Seagate 650GB HDD
Generic DVD Drive (piece of *** - to be returned!!)
1 x 140mm CoolerMaster Blue LED Fan
3 x Noctua 140mm fans
Asus GeForce GTX560 ti (900Mhz overclocked edition) with Battlefield 3 ^ ^
Windows Wireless Desktop Entertainment 8000 Keyboard and Mouse
Belkin Wireless N1 Card + N1 Router
LG32" LCD TV as monitor

One problem, I need a new heatsink but can't decide on one that'll do the job for me :( I've read a ton of reviews! I wanted to go all Noctua because I like the colours - not to mention they're arguably the best - but I don't think the NH-D14 will fit my case! Looked at Megahalems but they just as big!

A lot of people have recommended 212+ on sites.. but totally can't decide! Does anyone have this case, or a similar set up and know of a good heatsink?? Ideally I'd like to get just a heatsink and connect two of my Noctua 14s to it because they take up too much room on the case itself.. with these working a heatsink I'll have space for an extra 3 120mm fans, which will complete my build. Building PCs is an expensive affair!! I only wanted to spend £300 on a mobo, cpu and RAM!

TRENDING THREADS