Driving Force Pro ps2 doesn't auto-calibrate!

Last response: in Video Games
May 11, 2005 5:56:51 AM

Hi,

I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.

I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.

Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Subhash
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 8:05:46 AM

India it is 220v at 50hz. The power adaptor supplied with the wheel
seems to support it. I marked with 110-240v and 50/60hz for input, so
it should support it. Any how I will try to get some other adaptor
matching the output rating of supplied adaptor.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:22:50 PM

"yschandra" <yschandra@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
> during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
> and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
> work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
> turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
> blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.
>
> I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
> adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
> showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
> the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
> could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.
>
> Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Subhash

Is it getting the right power?
US is 110Volt (IIRC) and UK is 220Volt... does your power adapter cope with
dual voltages?
I'm not sure but there might be a difference with Amperes too.

Just a thought.
AndyC
May 11, 2005 3:53:18 PM

"AndyC" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:D 5smdo$ojd$1@newsfeed.th.ifl.net...

> "yschandra" <yschandra@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
>> during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
>> and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
>> work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
>> turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
>> blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.
>>
>> I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
>> adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
>> showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
>> the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
>> could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.
>>
>> Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Subhash
>>

> Is it getting the right power?
> US is 110Volt (IIRC) and UK is 220Volt... does your power adapter cope
> with dual voltages?
> I'm not sure but there might be a difference with Amperes too.
>
> Just a thought.
> AndyC

Of course reading this again I notice that you're in India, what voltage are
you there? (could be the same issue!).

AndyC
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 11:06:24 AM

I have the same problem (Italy)!

The worst is that at the beginning it was workin fine, then suddenly a
couple of weeks ago it changed...
I fixed the problem of auto-calibration rounding the wheel by hand, as
it does when it starts. But then you do not have FF...
Additionaly some time I have a faked braking: the pedal is not pressed,
but the indicator on the screen shows about 10% of braking (and the car
is obviously braked)
???
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 7:56:18 AM

I found the power adaptor to be faulty and got it repaired and every
thing works fine.
!