Driving Force Pro ps2 doesn't auto-calibrate!

Hi,

I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.

I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.

Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Subhash
5 answers Last reply
More about driving force doesn auto calibrate

    India it is 220v at 50hz. The power adaptor supplied with the wheel
    seems to support it. I marked with 110-240v and 50/60hz for input, so
    it should support it. Any how I will try to get some other adaptor
    matching the output rating of supplied adaptor.

    "yschandra" <yschandra@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
    > during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
    > and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
    > work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
    > turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
    > blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.
    >
    > I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
    > adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
    > showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
    > the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
    > could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.
    >
    > Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Subhash

    Is it getting the right power?
    US is 110Volt (IIRC) and UK is 220Volt... does your power adapter cope with
    dual voltages?
    I'm not sure but there might be a difference with Amperes too.

    Just a thought.
    AndyC

    "AndyC" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "yschandra" <yschandra@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have recently bought Driving force pro for my PAL ps2 from amazon.com
    >> during my 1-week visit to US (I am in India). Now when I get it home
    >> and put the GT4 and start the wheel does not auto calibrate and doesn't
    >> work. The left led blinks and the ps2 buttons function properly. When I
    >> turn the wheel all the way to left then to right the left led stops
    >> blinking and the ps2 buttons stops functioning.
    >>
    >> I suspected that power is not going to the wheel from the power
    >> adaptor, so to verify I removed power and restarted the console and it
    >> showed the same behavior. Then I tested the output power from adaptor,
    >> the end power connector is getting the power. I tried every thing I
    >> could but couldn't get it calibrated and working.
    >>
    >> Is it a bad wheel or how can I fix this problem? Any help is greatly
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Subhash
    >>

    > Is it getting the right power?
    > US is 110Volt (IIRC) and UK is 220Volt... does your power adapter cope
    > with dual voltages?
    > I'm not sure but there might be a difference with Amperes too.
    >
    > Just a thought.
    > AndyC

    Of course reading this again I notice that you're in India, what voltage are
    you there? (could be the same issue!).

    AndyC

    I have the same problem (Italy)!

    The worst is that at the beginning it was workin fine, then suddenly a
    couple of weeks ago it changed...
    I fixed the problem of auto-calibration rounding the wheel by hand, as
    it does when it starts. But then you do not have FF...
    Additionaly some time I have a faked braking: the pedal is not pressed,
    but the indicator on the screen shows about 10% of braking (and the car
    is obviously braked)
    ???

    I found the power adaptor to be faulty and got it repaired and every
    thing works fine.

Console Gaming PlayStation Power LED Monitor Video Games