Honorable
May 10, 2012
I recently bought my pc.
configuration :
i5 3470
mobo : Asus p8b75-m
ram : transend 4gb ddr3 1600mhz
no graphics card is installed yet.

i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit operating system. In the system properties it is showing that only 3.68 gb is usable of 4gb ram.
and in the WEI it is showing that my ram rating is only 5.9. why it is too low ?
my mobo supports max 32gb ram. and it has 4 slots.
i have changed the ram slots, but same result. its 3.68gb usable and after rerunning the assessment of WEI its again 5.9.
is my igpu is eating my remaining ram ? if so how to fix ?

in bios i saw the ram frequency is set to 1600mhz

Solution
When you install the graphics card you have to disable internal graphics to make the graphics card work and get the memory back.
I don't think rating for ram on WEI will change. Rating for graphics performance will surely change.
Boost 60% speed is really hard to believe, and how is it going to do that?

dhonphon

Honorable
May 10, 2012

after installing a gpu like hd7770 or gtx 660;
how can i get back the remaining ram ? what are the modifications that i have to do on bios settings?
and after having a good gpu, any chance of getting better rating for ram on WEI ?
and my mobo comes with a feature called Lucid logics virtue mvp. it says " it can boost your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance."
is it true ?

Xttony

Distinguished
When you install the graphics card you have to disable internal graphics to make the graphics card work and get the memory back.
I don't think rating for ram on WEI will change. Rating for graphics performance will surely change.
Boost 60% speed is really hard to believe, and how is it going to do that?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.