Sign in with
Your question

No signal when logging off/switching users

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2011 3:48:04 AM

Hi all,

Periodically my monitor will go black and display "no signal" before turning off (power save mode) when I log off Windows or switch users. It doesn't do this every time, although most of the time the monitor goes black for a few seconds before showing the logon screen.

I know the computer is still working because I can power it down by hitting (not holding) the power button and it shuts down normally.

This machine is using a Nvidia GT 430 with the latest drivers (drivers it shipped with have same issue). It is powering a 20 inch Acer monitor.

I've googled around and some people have similar issues but I can't find any people who have solved it.

The machine functions perfectly aside from this issue... no graphical problems otherwise.
November 26, 2011 8:24:29 PM

Did you or anyone else find a solution?

fmcsimmons said:
Hi all,

Periodically my monitor will go black and display "no signal" before turning off (power save mode) when I log off Windows or switch users. It doesn't do this every time, although most of the time the monitor goes black for a few seconds before showing the logon screen.

I know the computer is still working because I can power it down by hitting (not holding) the power button and it shuts down normally.

This machine is using a Nvidia GT 430 with the latest drivers (drivers it shipped with have same issue). It is powering a 20 inch Acer monitor.

I've googled around and some people have similar issues but I can't find any people who have solved it.

The machine functions perfectly aside from this issue... no graphical problems otherwise.

m
l
!