  • Phones
  • Command Prompt
Last response: in Technologies
May 11, 2004 5:53:11 AM

I need to delete entry in missed calls list.

1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
Answer is: OK
2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC phonebook is
read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.

I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.

Any advice?

Phone: Siemens TC35

Lukas

More about : delete missed calls command

Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:46:14 PM

"Lukas Slansky" wrote:

> I need to delete entry in missed calls list.
>
> 1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
> Answer is: OK
> 2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
> Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
> 3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC
> phonebook is read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.
>
> I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Phone: Siemens TC35

The relevant technical standard, GSM 07.07, states that for the
"MC" phonebook, "+CPBW may not be applicable for this storage".
Furthermore, the Siemens TC35 "AT Command Set" manual clearly
states "+CPBW not applicable to [MC] storage".

There doesn't seem to be any other mechanism to selectively erase
"MC" storage. This makes sense, given the dynamic (and therefore
temporary) nature of the numbering of the entries. I can only
suggest that a power down / power up cycle might clear it.

John
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 11:46:15 PM

"John Henderson" wrote:
> "Lukas Slansky" wrote:
>
> > I need to delete entry in missed calls list.
> >
> > 1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
> > Answer is: OK
> > 2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
> > Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
> > 3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC
> > phonebook is read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.
> >
> > I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.
> >
> > Any advice?
> >
> > Phone: Siemens TC35
>
> The relevant technical standard, GSM 07.07, states that for the
> "MC" phonebook, "+CPBW may not be applicable for this storage".
> Furthermore, the Siemens TC35 "AT Command Set" manual clearly
> states "+CPBW not applicable to [MC] storage".
>
> There doesn't seem to be any other mechanism to selectively erase
> "MC" storage. This makes sense, given the dynamic (and therefore
> temporary) nature of the numbering of the entries. I can only
> suggest that a power down / power up cycle might clear it.
>
> John

For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this phonebook.
After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook. I could reset all
phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't know how to do that.

Turn off for a few seconds is not enough. MC phonebook is semi-permanent (or
something such)... On the other hand I need to do that only from my PC
remotely.

I have tried reseting Siemens via AT+CFUN=1,1 and this is not enough and
consumes a lot of time.

Any other advices? I don't know how to continue...

Lukas
May 12, 2004 11:46:45 AM

"Lukas Slansky" wrote:

> For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this
> phonebook. After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook.
> I could reset all phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't
> know how to do that.

Perhaps there's a different approach that would work. Instead of
relying on the "MC" phonebook, have you considered logging (via
AT commands) the CLI of each new call as it arrives?

John
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 11:46:46 AM

> > For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this
> > phonebook. After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook.
> > I could reset all phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't
> > know how to do that.
>
> Perhaps there's a different approach that would work. Instead of
> relying on the "MC" phonebook, have you considered logging (via
> AT commands) the CLI of each new call as it arrives?
>
> John

Thanks a much.
I have solved this with AT+CLCC and AT+CHUP.

Lukas
Anonymous
May 12, 2004 8:08:37 PM

"Lukas Slansky" wrote:

> Thanks a much.
> I have solved this with AT+CLCC and AT+CHUP.

OK. But I was thinking more of using "AT+CLIP=1" to read the
calling number (the command is used once, and each new call then
displays the number).

Used in conjunction with "AT+CRC=1", this will give you the call
type too. I was too lazy earlier to refresh my memory of these
commands. The following example shows their effect on my Siemens
S55, and your terminal should behave the same.

at+clip=1
OK

RING

+CLIP: "02nnnn",129,,,,0
at+crc=1
OK

+CRING: VOICE

+CLIP: "02nnnn",129,,,,0

(where "nnnn" replaces my home phone number).

John
!