Delete missed calls via AT command

I need to delete entry in missed calls list.

1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
Answer is: OK
2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC phonebook is
read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.

I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.

Any advice?

Phone: Siemens TC35

Lukas
5 answers Last reply
More about delete missed calls command

    "Lukas Slansky" wrote:

    > I need to delete entry in missed calls list.
    >
    > 1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
    > Answer is: OK
    > 2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
    > Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
    > 3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC
    > phonebook is read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.
    >
    > I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Phone: Siemens TC35

    The relevant technical standard, GSM 07.07, states that for the
    "MC" phonebook, "+CPBW may not be applicable for this storage".
    Furthermore, the Siemens TC35 "AT Command Set" manual clearly
    states "+CPBW not applicable to [MC] storage".

    There doesn't seem to be any other mechanism to selectively erase
    "MC" storage. This makes sense, given the dynamic (and therefore
    temporary) nature of the numbering of the entries. I can only
    suggest that a power down / power up cycle might clear it.

    John

    "John Henderson" wrote:
    > "Lukas Slansky" wrote:
    >
    > > I need to delete entry in missed calls list.
    > >
    > > 1) I choose missed calls phonebook (AT+CPBS=MC).
    > > Answer is: OK
    > > 2) Then read entries with AT+CPBR=1,10.
    > > Answer is: +CPBR: 1,"+abcdefghij",145,""
    > > 3) Finaly try to delete this entry with AT+CPBW=1. But MC
    > > phonebook is read only and I am not phone replies ERROR.
    > >
    > > I think it is (or should be) possible to delete missed calls.
    > >
    > > Any advice?
    > >
    > > Phone: Siemens TC35
    >
    > The relevant technical standard, GSM 07.07, states that for the
    > "MC" phonebook, "+CPBW may not be applicable for this storage".
    > Furthermore, the Siemens TC35 "AT Command Set" manual clearly
    > states "+CPBW not applicable to [MC] storage".
    >
    > There doesn't seem to be any other mechanism to selectively erase
    > "MC" storage. This makes sense, given the dynamic (and therefore
    > temporary) nature of the numbering of the entries. I can only
    > suggest that a power down / power up cycle might clear it.
    >
    > John

    For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this phonebook.
    After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook. I could reset all
    phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't know how to do that.

    Turn off for a few seconds is not enough. MC phonebook is semi-permanent (or
    something such)... On the other hand I need to do that only from my PC
    remotely.

    I have tried reseting Siemens via AT+CFUN=1,1 and this is not enough and
    consumes a lot of time.

    Any other advices? I don't know how to continue...

    Lukas

    "Lukas Slansky" wrote:

    > For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this
    > phonebook. After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook.
    > I could reset all phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't
    > know how to do that.

    Perhaps there's a different approach that would work. Instead of
    relying on the "MC" phonebook, have you considered logging (via
    AT commands) the CLI of each new call as it arrives?

    John

    > > For my application I need to have only new missed calls in this
    > > phonebook. After reading them I need to delete whole phonebook.
    > > I could reset all phonebooks (I don't use them) but I don't
    > > know how to do that.
    >
    > Perhaps there's a different approach that would work. Instead of
    > relying on the "MC" phonebook, have you considered logging (via
    > AT commands) the CLI of each new call as it arrives?
    >
    > John

    Thanks a much.
    I have solved this with AT+CLCC and AT+CHUP.

    Lukas

    "Lukas Slansky" wrote:

    > Thanks a much.
    > I have solved this with AT+CLCC and AT+CHUP.

    OK. But I was thinking more of using "AT+CLIP=1" to read the
    calling number (the command is used once, and each new call then
    displays the number).

    Used in conjunction with "AT+CRC=1", this will give you the call
    type too. I was too lazy earlier to refresh my memory of these
    commands. The following example shows their effect on my Siemens
    S55, and your terminal should behave the same.

    at+clip=1
    OK

    RING

    +CLIP: "02nnnn",129,,,,0
    at+crc=1
    OK

    +CRING: VOICE

    +CLIP: "02nnnn",129,,,,0

    (where "nnnn" replaces my home phone number).

    John

GSM Phones Command Prompt