ASRock 970 Extreme 3 fried?

footbrake4life

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello, I recently purchase a 2nd HD6570 to crossfire, it powered up, the computer recognized it was in the PC but it did not crossfire. I was receiving no FPS boost. My friend sold the system to me and he had 2 6570 cards crossfired and working properly. He recommended that I re-install all drivers and possibly upgrade the BIOS, because it is a graphical BIOS. Everything ran smoothly after the BIOS flash. The next day I went to power my PC on and the 6 case fans, power supply fan, and the CPU fan + the HDD powerd on but no normal system start up beep, and no picture on my monitor. I obtained a power supply from the IT guy at my work to try and see if the problem lies withing my PSU. The same thing happens with the PSU he gave me. Does anyone have an idea why this happened. I almost forgot I also cleared BIOS by removing the battery on the MOBO and I also did the CMOS trick. PLEASE HELP!!!

amateur1337

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
did you try powering your pc with one gpu installed?to see if its not a faulty gpu..if nothing happens try booting pc with one ram stick installed(try both) to test if its not a ram fault...

footbrake4life

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions! I zip tied all of the PSU cables to make it neater and unplugged all of the cables out of the MOBO and plugged them back in and now everything works. My friends and I are clueless but hey it works.