Glitchedy and Black Screens, Drivers increase It.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
It isn't a big deal, cause i am upgrading to a new 560 Ti for Batman and Battlefield purposes.

But i have a 5770 on my mobo now, and it has worked for the last year just fine. About 2 weeks ago, the screen would glitch every time i grabbed a window slide it to the top to expand the whole screen.

So i uninstalled the ATI drivers, and it went away. Then i did the BF3 beta so i had to get those new drivers, and it seemed to work just fine when playing games, but that is cause I only had one screen on.

I finally found that when more than 1 screen is hooked up it glitchs hardcore. which is a problem cause i have 2 through dvi and one hdmi. *One DVI is hooked through one of those powered dvi to display port adapters.

The problem is now its starting to glitch with no drivers or software, and now its starting to do it when just typing and with no windows being moved.

My screens actually went completely blank a few times, just like when your installing the ATI drivers.

I was just wondering if this card is just dying?? I never had a card more than a year, so i wouldn't know if it were toast or not.

Either way, my 560 Ti Asus 900hz, will be shipped out monday morning from Newegg. I just planned on saving this old card to build a second computer with my spare old parts.

americanbrian

Distinguished
Are your displays all running at the same resolution and refresh rates? I have heard that if you run assymetric screen configs the thermal load on the GPU can increase rapidly (has spikes).

It is not the most suited card to running 3 screens IMHO. See if it glitches when it is only running a single monitor. I suspect it won't but you tell me.

I take it you only really use two monitors as that is what the Nvidia card will output. Assuming that using just one monitor fixes it try running 2 but ensure they are set to exactly the same res and refresh...

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well if its just a setting problem than it will be fine, i was more concerned with it being a toastada. The new setup i plan to put it in, probably won't even have 2 screens.

My 560 Ti Shipped last night, so i should have it here by Wednesday, just in time for BF3 and Arkham Asylum will come with it!!

I have a 965, 1600 C7 Ripjaws, HX650, 212+, Vertex 2 and a 890FX-UD5, The 5770 was seriously lacking my overall system.

Well i have identical Acer 23" screens, last seasons. One is DVI, and the other I had to buy this powered adapter since my card can't do dual dvi, if i plug in an HDMI.

Since i have my Sony 42" plugged in with HDMI, and since neither of my acers had a display port, I had to get the DVI to DP powered adapter.

Honestly, i use that Sony TV more than using a second screen, i mean i don't have to put my xbox in here, cause i just use my computers DVD tray, and i can stream Netflix, Hulu, Southparkstudios, CBS, MTV, etc, with just a little drag.

The recommended amount for these new games, was everything i have except the video card. Here soon i plan to get a 2500k w/Maximus, and then possibly another 560 Ti w/newer corsair psu, and a newer faster SSD. I have also been weighing on whether to get a 27", or get a 3rd 23" but with 3D for the middle.

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Try installing or creating a driver for your monitor. Use rivatuner to create if you can't find one on the net for one. That will let windows know what resolutions and refresh rates it can do.

Salt-City_Slasher

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Well i got my 560 Ti and now i am just using two screens at a time and it works wonderfully!

I really want to get a second one and then try and get 3x 23" 3D screens!!

The power of just one of these is awesome!! But if i get a second i could beat even a 5970, 570 or 580!!

TRENDING THREADS