Need help upgrading PC

Draco_Rosso

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Hello,
It’s been a long time since I posted here. I been thinking about it’s about time I do some core upgrades to my homebuilt pc. Below are the current specs on my machine:

Windows XP Media Center 2005
EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
XFX GS250XZDFU GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop
Seagate Barracuda ES ST3320620NS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive.
My projected budget is about $300 to $500 to do upgrades. I realize I might not be able to upgrade my entire computer with that budget. I wanted to get some helpful advice on which parts need to be upgraded and with what. Right of the bought I don’t really plan on upgrading my GPU since I bought it last year unless someone has compelling reason. Not sure if I should be concern with my power supply since I bought it in early 2007. So far my power supply is running like a champ. I would like to keep intel/NVidia spec parts unless of course someone could tell otherwise. I don’t really have brand loyalty.
I use my computer primarily for playing video specifically eveonline on three clients. I find my current build struggles with three clients on two monitors with settings turned down. I think that’s how I burnt my last GPU. +_+. I also find my current build keeps crashing with Civ 5 and Dragon Age. Recently I started doing a little bit of video editing on the side that doesn’t really factor into my decision making. I don’t typically push my machine to the limit. I never have or plan to overclock my build.
Thank you for reading my post. Let me know what you guys think!