What cooler do I get?


I am looking to purchase a cpu cooler for my Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) because I just got a GTX 680.

Is there anything that you guys recommend? my budget is $40-$80. It can be air or water cooling. I need one that will actually make a difference when overclocking to like 3.9-4.2

Another thing I wanna know is would I have to raise the voltage when overclocking over 3.7? And will it make my CPU not last long? The thing I've been hearing is that if you raise the voltage to OC, the CPU won't last long.

Here are my exact specs:

Video Card: GTX 680

I know my RAM has a high a** profile so it's gonna be hard installing the coolers I guess.

2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what cooler
  1. Best answer
    For high profile RAM, which is more style than cooling, you can more easily fit a closed loop cooler. The Antec 620 CLC with push-pull fans fits your budget. But you have to go to the hardware store for the extra long screws for the second fan.
  2. Best answer selected by nickazzo123.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Product