Sign in with
Your question

Gaming

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
February 1, 2013 4:25:33 PM

Hello. I have an eMachines EL1850G-42W(Which is the motherboard)Desktop Pc With a 320GB Western Digital HDD, Windows 7 32-Bit, 2GB's of DDR3 Ram, An Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor @ 2.6Ghz & An MSI Radeon HD6450 1GB DDR3 PCI-Express DX11 Dedicated Graphics Card. What I would like to know is that even though my Pc is not the latest gaming rig, would upgrading from Windows 32-Bit to 64-Bit(Not Pro version)and adding 4Gb of Ram give me even 10 extra FPS, with my games, as my Pc would be able to fully use all that Ram, while being 64-Bit? I know 32-Bit limits to 4Gb, but at the same time, it's not going to use to full 4Gb, anyway, so I wanna use 64-Bit and have the full 4Gb used properly. And yes, I knwo that the GPU matters the most, along with the CPU, but Ram does matter too, even if it's just a little. Anyway, will I get even the slightest bit of gaming improvement, or even system speed-up, by doing that tiny upgrade? Oh, and it won't be 2 seperate 2Gb sticks, making the 4Gb. I only have enough for just one 4Gb Stick... Maybe even Windows 8 Pro, btw?.. The Graphics Card is 64-Bit, but I'm not sure if the Operating system may help that, lmao.

More about : gaming

February 6, 2013 6:39:53 PM

just get the same model 2gb stick identical to one thats currently in your pc. That way, have dont have to change OS, system speed up guaranteed, and would make use of dual channeling (if mobo supports) imo
m
l
February 14, 2013 7:12:38 PM

butremor said:
just get the same model 2gb stick identical to one thats currently in your pc. That way, have dont have to change OS, system speed up guaranteed, and would make use of dual channeling (if mobo supports) imo

The Sticks that are in it now, are two 1GB sticks. Only 2 slots on the Motherboard, which they occupy already. So adding a 2GB stick, will only give me 3GB's lol... But I get what you mean. Try to add a 4GB Stick, that's the same model, to one of the slots... If it works with the other 1GB stick, I'll get 5GB's... :o  .. Math class, up in here...
m
l
!