jaloko

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I cleaned my CPU not to long ago, while i was cleaning it some of the cleaning solution spilled over the cpu top part. (May have gotten into the pins as well) Im wondering if it is damaged now. And if it is water damage can i send it back to the Manufacture as a malfunction or will they be able to tell? Its an FX series. Im W8ing for a new MOBO so i cant test it till it gets here in 3 days. Some of the pins seem slightly blackish grayish, but all the pins when tilted seem shiny and residue free. No pins are bent and there is no phy. damage.

I am also aware that the CPU is glued in, so i hope that kept the water out.

Any advice? im scared because it would suck if it is damaged as i wont be able to buy another one.

My advice is to get som 91% alcohol and soack the CPU in it then let it dry for a bit. The alcohol will clean anything off and will then dissipate pretty fast.

I prefer alcohol to cleaning solutions due to this fact.

Overall your CPU will be fine but cleaning the pins in a alcohol bath wont hurt at all.

jaloko

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Ok, how would i to that? just take a drop and put it on the cpu parts? or liek take a tupperware or a bowl and do it that way?

TRENDING THREADS