Sign in with
Your question

[solved]High definition audio,win7 x86 ultimate and no sound

Last response: in Motherboards
February 1, 2013 6:52:57 PM

hi
i had windows Xp Sp2 for several years and yesterday i have upgraded to Win7. everything went fine except for the sound.
i have K9A2 cf-f MSI main-board with on board realtek high definition audio card(i saw the name on device manager it was below of AMD high definition audio device).after installation of Win7 when i playing the music the green sound bar is going up and down,but no voice coming out.
here are the work i had down till now:
1.reading several forums before post...
2.checking the plugins,i have switched my speaker to all possible port and its now on green one.nothing
3.installing the last compatible audio driver for win7 from realtek.nothing
4.installing the last audio driver from Msi site.nothing
troubleshooting form win7 and nothing found.
6.try another speaker .no sound

7.disable front panel jack detection from realtec control panel.
8.i had check my speaker it is the default one.
thank u in advance
a c 558 V Motherboard
February 1, 2013 8:03:07 PM

Hi, Just a thought. In Device Manager, under System Devices, is there Microsoft UAA Bus driver for... listed?
Have you perfomed a clean Windows installation or just updated?
m
l
February 2, 2013 6:29:39 AM

alexoiu said:
Hi, Just a thought. In Device Manager, under System Devices, is there Microsoft UAA Bus driver for... listed?
Have you perfomed a clean Windows installation or just updated?

thanks Alexoiu
it is a clean win7 x86 installation and there is nothing there with name "Microsoft UAA Bus driver"
m
l
Related resources
a c 462 V Motherboard
February 2, 2013 6:39:08 AM

two things to try..download the newest 2.70 drivers from realtec.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
the other is that the amd high audio device is now the main device output for the system. (hdmi) you can uninstall it or in the windows audio control panel set the realteck as the audio output device.
m
l
February 2, 2013 8:10:12 AM

smorizio said:
two things to try..download the newest 2.70 drivers from realtec.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
the other is that the amd high audio device is now the main device output for the system. (hdmi) you can uninstall it or in the windows audio control panel set the realteck as the audio output device.

tnx Smorizio
i have tested realtec 2.68 and 2.70 and plus them the one from main board site and Unfortunately no one work.
i have uninstalled the amd high audio device but when Windows restarts it is detected and reinstalled the sound.(and i am not sure the amd high audio device is the main device)
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
February 2, 2013 8:47:22 AM

If you right click the audio icon and choose Playback devices, what controller is set as default?
m
l
February 2, 2013 9:52:26 AM

alexoiu said:
If you right click the audio icon and choose Playback devices, what controller is set as default?

speakers realteck high definition audio
(that have check mark and there written default device)
m
l
a c 558 V Motherboard
February 2, 2013 10:43:50 AM

It should work then. Right click again and choose Volume control options. Make sure that Speakers Realtek are checked.
m
l
February 2, 2013 11:17:35 AM

alexoiu said:
It should work then. Right click again and choose Volume control options. Make sure that Speakers Realtek are checked.

yes it should but it wont.
and yes that Speakers Realtek have check mark there.(and i test the both with and with not the check mark)
m
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
February 3, 2013 9:08:37 PM

check that the speakers work use a walkman or ipod to see that you get sound from them. check in your mb bios that the sound chipset is still on. speakers if there working in the green audio port. i would try and remove all the old audio drivers in programs...then reboot and run the realtec installer. also
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9A2-CF.html#/?div=Driver...
try installing the newest mb chipset drivers it the 700m download for all ati drivers.
m
l
February 4, 2013 5:32:10 PM

My problem solved
So this how that works for me
I read this here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...
And it’s really something unusual:
I read this there

“Hi jgh54,
Maybe you can try to set the speaker to other port thru software.
As for me, who manage to solve the problem is simply, even thru hrs of searching, switch the plug-in jack (thru software- realtek) to front speaker.
Believe why we face these problem is the default setting of the speaker is FRONT speaker.

Step1: open the realtek hd audio manager.
Step2: under the ANALOG, right click on the coloured jack hole and click connector retasking...
Step3: check FRONT SPEAKER OUT (as for me)
Step4: try to play a music or simply click on the arrow head beside the speaker configuration.

Hope you and the other will manage to receive sound/music from the speaker without further damage to the wallet.”

So I do the same after installation of the last realteck driver; I changed the speaker cable from green hole to orange(or brown) one(it was under the green one),then I open the realtek hd audio manager then under the ANALOG, right click on the orange(or brown) jack hole and click connector retasking then : check FRONT SPEAKER OUT (as for me) and finally : try to play a music or simply click on the arrow head beside the speaker configuration ,its done.
Thanks every one for they recommendations :) 
m
l
!