Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Build help

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 20, 2011 6:29:55 PM

hey guys im making a new build. need some help though, tell me what you think about the parts i already have and what i should change, thanks!

what i have already

psu: pc power and cooling mk ii 750 watt

ram: corsair vengeance ddr3 1600Mhz CL 9

ssd: ocz vertex 3 60gig ssd

what i need help with:

gpu: thinking about the msi twin frozr gtx 580
CPU: i want the most future proof cpu, deciding between the 2500k or the 2600k.
case: i want something small but with great performance so i was thinking the antec lanboy air?
mobo: this is my main problem, looking for a lga 1155 socket, want one with the most features and best quality build

thanks for any help:) 

More about : build

December 20, 2011 7:08:38 PM

What do you plan on using this PC for? If gaming, what games?

You'll want a an HDD to store your files, videos, etc. 500GB Western Digital or Seagate should be good to start with.

You didn't mention how much RAM you are buying. It seems 4GB is the minimum, 8GB is better.

The i7 2600K is probably the most future proof, if you are in need of the raw processing power. Games probably won't benefit much and, as such the 2500K would be good enough in that case. Depends on what fits your budget.

My experience is limited, but from my friends experiences, Asus motherboards are quite reliable.
m
0
l
December 20, 2011 7:18:08 PM

chippies said:
What do you plan on using this PC for? If gaming, what games?

You'll want a an HDD to store your files, videos, etc. 500GB Western Digital or Seagate should be good to start with.

You didn't mention how much RAM you are buying. It seems 4GB is the minimum, 8GB is better.

The i7 2600K is probably the most future proof, if you are in need of the raw processing power. Games probably won't benefit much and, as such the 2500K would be good enough in that case. Depends on what fits your budget.

My experience is limited, but from my friends experiences, Asus motherboards are quite reliable.


yeah its 8gigs. and yes mostly for gaming, im not doing any overclocking or anything. i also just bought the gtx 580 and the antec anboy case, so that leaves me $500 for the mobo and cpu. also i have a 250gig hdd some where in my messy room.. so just need to find it. anything else i should get for my build like accessories or anything that could help the computer? i already have a wifi adapter as well
m
0
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 20, 2011 7:24:36 PM

You need an optical drive..at least a DVD-ROM
m
0
l
December 20, 2011 7:59:41 PM

clarkjd said:
You need an optical drive..at least a DVD-ROM


nah, i will install windows seven from a usb. and i get my games from steam
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2011 11:44:37 AM

corymorrison said:
nah, i will install windows seven from a usb. and i get my games from steam

Most motherboard manufacturers supply device drivers for their motherboards on at least a CD. If you don't install the network drivers for the MB, then you can't get to the internet to use Steam.
m
0
l
!