Sign in with
Your question

Selecting the Best Answer....

Last response: in Forum Feedback
July 28, 2010 1:44:20 PM

Hi Mods/Admins,

The best answer get 40 points and selecting the best answer 25? Shouldn't selecting the best answer be figured at 10 points or something. Just selecting a best answer and getting 25 points for it is a bit unfair!

More about : selecting answer

July 28, 2010 3:05:20 PM

It encourages users to indicate when an answer has been given to a question posed. It's important that we not only incentivize the answering, but also the asking.
July 29, 2010 7:45:40 AM

Yeah, i thought about that aspect as well.

So could the correct answer points be increased. I don't know what the others feel, maybe we should get them in to mention their opinions as well.
Related resources
July 29, 2010 1:03:04 PM

We're always open to suggestions. :) 
September 27, 2010 2:11:13 PM

i still cant work out how to Selecting the “Best answer” for a thread
ive looked but cant see where to click on some1 to get the best answer for a thread i started thanks
September 27, 2010 2:45:54 PM

If you start threads as a discussion then you wont be able to select the best answer. You would only get the thumbs up and thumbs down in the posts! You would have to start threads as a question to get the option.
September 27, 2010 3:11:25 PM

edit:
never mind i got it tnks
best answer hell_storm2004 :) 
November 8, 2010 1:45:16 AM

Re: My thread, "1GB GPU & 512MB Motherboard?"

'Best Answer' selection is difficult; my thread-opening question was answered, plus I received valuable input from two responders who called my attention to things of which I had been unaware. I neglected to consciously designate question or discussion when I posted; if multiple awards (three) cannot be given, then I guess the question should be changed to a discussion. My apologies to those who answered.

GSGregg
November 8, 2010 2:59:56 AM

GSGregg said:
Re: My thread, "1GB GPU & 512MB Motherboard?"

'Best Answer' selection is difficult; my thread-opening question was answered, plus I received valuable input from two responders who called my attention to things of which I had been unaware. I neglected to consciously designate question or discussion when I posted; if multiple awards (three) cannot be given, then I guess the question should be changed to a discussion. My apologies to those who answered.

GSGregg

That thread is a question thread. You can select the answer you feel was the most helpful. However, only 1 answer can be selected.
!