I7 2600 or Phenom II X6 1090T

Status
Not open for further replies.

minlian

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
hello, I have Phenom II X6 1090T with Asus M4A785T-M, it was fine for a while but I keep getting BSOD when I use two RAMS. with only one RAM it works fine. So, I just conclude that my mobo is at fault. I was planning to get Asus M5A97 EVO for my proccy but then I heard that AMD proccy have memory controller problem or something like that so I change my mind to get i7 2600 (non K) and a new mobo with a new build which would cost me about Rs. 80000 approx. in india. What I wonder is will it be a great upgrade or just a slight increase in performance. I will be using Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro. If I should go with my current proccy then I would spend about 50000 for my new build. please help.

minlian

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
thanks for the quick reply. I know its not a bad RAM because I tested the two of them in all the four different slots. I crash whenever both are use together. when only one is used it runs fine.

minlian

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I ruled out the CPU coz when I install my Athlon II X4 630, I have the same experience with windows explorer lagging behind. although I didn't get the BSOD, programs weren't snappy as they used to be before I face the problem. Is it possible that it is the PSU because mine is not branded

As others have said, definitely memory.

The i7-2600 is a nice CPU, but expensive for what you get. Upgrading or not depends on how much your willing to spend and how long your willing to wait. IB will be out which will reduce the prices on SB CPUs and might offer a better value. PD will be out later and might offer a good price / upgrade without you needing to change mobo's out.

minlian

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I don't know if its a good config but I'm planning on getting these for my Workstation build
Proccy: i7 2600
Mobo: Asus P8Z68 V Pro (since its a Z68 chipset and it comes with firewire port which I'll be needing)
RAM: haven't decide it yet
HDD: 2x 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
GPU: GTX 570(maybe zotac coz its the cheapest I can find)
Monitor: Dell ST2220L(not sure about the model no. anything thats less than Rs. 10000)
PSU: Corsair TX650 watt
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 431 plus.

will this be good enough to run Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and After Effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.