PS2 Slimline..Anyone Unplug it??

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 12, 2005 7:13:11 PM

I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
of unplugging it? If not, any problems

Larry

More about : ps2 slimline unplug

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:17:09 AM

Larry wrote:

> I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
> that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
> going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
> 'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
> of unplugging it? If not, any problems
>
> Larry

I don't bother. The thing is never off for a full day :o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

How long have you had your PS2? Any problems leaving it on all the time?

Thanks
Larry

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Larry wrote:
>>
>> I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline.
>> Now
>> that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves
>> power
>> going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it
>> for
>> 'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the
>> hassle
>> of unplugging it? If not, any problems
>>
>> Larry
>
> I don't bother. The thing is never off for a full day :o )
>
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:04:13 AM

Larry wrote:

> How long have you had your PS2? Any problems leaving it on all the time?
>
> Thanks
> Larry

The slimline? About christmas, San Andreas saw the other one off so I
had to hunt a replacement down. I didn't fancy buying one of the
remaining oldies as I figured they may not be compatible with newer
games. Touch wood although it does get warm it has been fine.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:24:00 AM

Larry <snoots16@comcast.net> wrote:
> I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
> that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
> going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
> 'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
> of unplugging it? If not, any problems

The PS2 is designed to sit in "standby". This shouldn't cause any
problems.

If you really aren't going to use the PS2 for a long time, like say a week
or something, then I'd unplug it. Otherwise, it's just not worth the
hassle.
!