PS2 Slimline..Anyone Unplug it??

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
of unplugging it? If not, any problems

Larry

Larry wrote:

> I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
> that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
> going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
> 'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
> of unplugging it? If not, any problems
>
> Larry

I don't bother. The thing is never off for a full day :O)

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How long have you had your PS2? Any problems leaving it on all the time?

Thanks
Larry

Larry wrote:

> How long have you had your PS2? Any problems leaving it on all the time?
>
> Thanks
> Larry

The slimline? About christmas, San Andreas saw the other one off so I
had to hunt a replacement down. I didn't fancy buying one of the
remaining oldies as I figured they may not be compatible with newer
games. Touch wood although it does get warm it has been fine.

--

Larry <snoots16@comcast.net> wrote:
> I just replaced my original, malfunctioning PS2 with a new PS2 Slimline. Now
> that it's home and hooked up, I noticed that powering it off leaves power
> going to it. As you know the manual says if you're not going to use it for
> 'an extended period', you should unplug it. Does anyone go thru the hassle
> of unplugging it? If not, any problems

The PS2 is designed to sit in "standby". This shouldn't cause any
problems.

If you really aren't going to use the PS2 for a long time, like say a week
or something, then I'd unplug it. Otherwise, it's just not worth the
hassle.