Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best laptop for adobe photoshop/pirated; for gaming

Last response: in Systems
December 21, 2011 12:28:16 AM

hey everybody,

I am looking for a good laptop for editing graphics, running pirated photoshop, and also gaming with counter strike: source, crysis, etc. My budget is $1700, although if I don't have to spend too much, that would be nice, too. Portability is not a major concern; power is. Battery life doesn't matter so much. I may also be doing some multimedia. I have looked at many laptops, and I've narrowed it down to:
Apple Macbook Pro 15"
Sony Vaio F
Samsung Series 7
Acer laptops

Will these laptops suit my needs? Which is the best for graphics editing? Multimedia? Gaming? Photoshop (pirated)?

Any opinions would be great, and any other options would be great, as well! Thanks!
December 21, 2011 12:34:42 AM

Ummm it doesn't matter whether Photoshop is pirated or not. For that budget, you could get an Alienware M15x or one of the many gaming laptops from Asus, MSI, etc.
Score
December 21, 2011 4:00:54 AM

Okay, so now that's out of the way. Everything else still needs to be answered. Thanks for the help so far! :D 
Score
Related resources
December 21, 2011 7:41:04 AM

Hey, those games wouldn't be pirated would they? Also, if you can afford the games why not a legal copy of at least photoshop elements?
Score
December 21, 2011 7:46:58 AM

Furthermore, if your budget is $1700 why are you running pirated software? Adobe photoshop elements 10 is only $59 Amazon I don't understand why people pirate software, it opens your computer up to viruses, security holes, and potential legal issues. Not to mention lack of support from the legitimate company and denial of future updates.
Score
December 21, 2011 7:49:52 AM

*sigh* But, if you want a good laptop for games and multimedia on a budget, go with the amazon I have had no problems with it, once you remove the trialware/oem crap they install it's pretty fast.
Score
December 21, 2011 11:46:31 AM

2465424,5,1062657 said:
Furthermore, if your budget is $1700 why are you running pirated software? Adobe photoshop elements 10 is only $59 Amazon I don't understand why people pirate software, it opens your computer up to viruses, security holes, and potential legal issues. Not to mention lack of support from the legitimate company and denial of future updates.[/quotem

I need to run Photoshop CS5 for my needs, and it's $640 at the cheapest, or at least what I've seen.

And also, NONE of these games are pirated; they are bought with real money and most are on my Steam account.
Score
December 21, 2011 12:05:14 PM

Do you need a laptop? You said portability and battery life are not a concern. You have a lot more options for desktops, plus you could build a $1000 desktop that will blast through anything you might want to do, and get a $500 laptop or netbook for convenience. Just a thought :) 
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:10:33 PM

For the record, we aren't allowed to help people in any way that aids or abetts piracy.

If you want help that is any way connected to piracy, we can't give it.

Not sure why the others have even assisted this much.

Buy a $1000 computer and pay the money to buy Photoshop for real.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:12:10 PM

I agree, for $1 000 you get a desktop more powerful than a $1 700 laptop, and you still have $700 left for a laptop if you ever go mobile :lol: 
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:14:55 PM

FinneousPJ said:
... you still have $700 left for a laptop if you ever go mobile :lol: 

Not if he buys a legal copy of Photoshop like we must advise him to do.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:19:05 PM

Raiddinn said:
Not if he buys a legal copy of Photoshop like we must advise him to do.

Why do you care? It's not our responsibility to police that. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/32691-45-read-first We're not supposed to promote or encourage pirating, no, but you're being ridiculous.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:31:53 PM

It is our responsibility to police that.

It is up to the people who own the websites whether or not to delete people's accounts for breaking the TOS, but it is the responsibility of the board posters to alert people when they are breaking the TOS and encourage them not to do so.

As unlikely as the scenario is to occur, if the OP were brought to court on criminal charges, whoever helped that person to commit the crime could potentially be charged as accomplices of the crime. The Adobe company could point to these posts in here telling him which laptop will best allow him to pirate their product as aiding in the OPs criminal activity and they could bring suit against those people additionally.

The best way for everyone to protect themselves from the wrath of the board moderators and criminal charges is to clearly oppose the criminal activity and to in no way, shape, or form aid it.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 12:43:35 PM

Raiddinn said:
It is our responsibility to police that.

It is up to the people who own the websites whether or not to delete people's accounts for breaking the TOS, but it is the responsibility of the board posters to alert people when they are breaking the TOS and encourage them not to do so.

As unlikely as the scenario is to occur, if the OP were brought to court on criminal charges, whoever helped that person to commit the crime could potentially be charged as accomplices of the crime. The Adobe company could point to these posts in here telling him which laptop will best allow him to pirate their product as aiding in the OPs criminal activity and they could bring suit against those people additionally.

The best way for everyone to protect themselves from the wrath of the board moderators and criminal charges is to clearly oppose the criminal activity and to in no way, shape, or form aid it.

Wow, you're really afraid. What country are you from? :lol: 
Score
a b 4 Gaming
December 21, 2011 3:27:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!