Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Motherboard/Case compatability

Last response: in Systems
December 21, 2011 1:05:28 AM

Hello everyone.

I recently put in my order for the parts to a new computer and they arrived this morning. I have watched a number of videos and decided to go for it. I'm at the part of installing my motherboard into the case, and I noticed that there are two unused holes in the motherboard (and subsequently there are 2 standoffs on the case not being used).

The other 6 holes/standoffs line up perfectly, so I am wondering if leaving those two out are a big deal.

I have a HAF 912 and a h61m u3s3. The two unused holes/standoffs are on the far right corners (top and bottom). The closest used holes are about 2 inches away from the unused one which are on the very edge of the board.

Thanks

Also, the 'H' standoff did not line up to a hole, so i removed it.
a c 236 V Motherboard
December 21, 2011 1:18:04 AM

You can't stretch the motherboard to use standoffs required by larger motherboards. Just ignore them or remove them if you don't like seeing unused standoffs.
m
l
December 21, 2011 1:33:11 AM

So not using those 2 holes int the motherboard won't matter much with stability?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 236 V Motherboard
December 21, 2011 1:37:24 AM

You should normally use 2 nylon standoffs for the end of a mATX motherboard, but it isn't an absolute must. http://www.xsfans.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&...
December 21, 2011 2:12:11 AM

Best answer selected by buu11235.
m
l
!