Powerpoint

Does anyone know if its possible to create a slideshow created with
PowerPoint and save it so that people who do not have PowerPoint can view
the slideshow. George

"George Matthai" <gmatthai@juno.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if its possible to create a slideshow created with
> PowerPoint and save it so that people who do not have PowerPoint can view
> the slideshow. George

I don't have PowerPoint installed, so I can't check, but it used to have a
feature -- maybe called "pack and go" or something like that, that would
allow you to save the slideshow as a self-running thing. It might have been
for burning to CDs so it would autorun, though, so maybe not useful for
emailed versions. If that's not there any more, or I'm thinking of the wrong
product, the recipient would have to have the PowerPoint viewer (free
download from MS).

Hi

A PowerPoint Viewer can be downloaded from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=428d5727-43ab-4f24-90b7-a94784af71a4&displaylang=en

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

D.Currie wrote:
> "George Matthai" <gmatthai@juno.com> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone know if its possible to create a slideshow created with
>>PowerPoint and save it so that people who do not have PowerPoint can view
>>the slideshow. George
>>

> I don't have PowerPoint installed, so I can't check, but it used to have a
> feature -- maybe called "pack and go" or something like that, that would
> allow you to save the slideshow as a self-running thing. It might have been
> for burning to CDs so it would autorun, though, so maybe not useful for
> emailed versions. If that's not there any more, or I'm thinking of the wrong
> product, the recipient would have to have the PowerPoint viewer (free
> download from MS).

Both, the Pack 'n' Go Wizard (Package for CD on 2003), and the
PowerPoint viewer will work for systems without PowerPoint.

courtney sends....

"Courtney" <a@b.c> wrote in message news:uNqYc.69554$wo.57343@okepread06...
> D.Currie wrote:
>> "George Matthai" <gmatthai@juno.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Does anyone know if its possible to create a slideshow created with
>>>PowerPoint and save it so that people who do not have PowerPoint can view
>>>the slideshow. George
>>>

>> I don't have PowerPoint installed, so I can't check, but it used to have
>> a feature -- maybe called "pack and go" or something like that, that
>> would allow you to save the slideshow as a self-running thing. It might
>> have been for burning to CDs so it would autorun, though, so maybe not
>> useful for emailed versions. If that's not there any more, or I'm
>> thinking of the wrong product, the recipient would have to have the
>> PowerPoint viewer (free download from MS).
>
> Both, the Pack 'n' Go Wizard (Package for CD on 2003), and the PowerPoint
> viewer will work for systems without PowerPoint.
>
> courtney sends....

My memory's better than I thought. I remembered seeing something like that
at an Office launch or something. It sounded like a good idea even though I
rarely use PowerPoint.