Sign in with
Your question

GA-Z77-D3H on/off charge info from Gigabyte

Last response: in Motherboards
February 2, 2013 2:37:27 PM

On an earlier thread, I had asked which USB headers offer the on-off charge feature on the GA-Z77-D3H motherboard from Gigabyte.

I have heard back from Gigabyte and wanted to share the answer since, as it turned out, the question had been answered incorrectly in the previous thread.

Per Gigabyte, the USB headers on the motherboard don't support the on-off charge function, only the USB ports on the rear panel do.

I hope this information is useful.
March 16, 2013 3:39:56 AM

woodflute said:
On an earlier thread, I had asked which USB headers offer the on-off charge feature on the GA-Z77-D3H motherboard from Gigabyte.

I have heard back from Gigabyte and wanted to share the answer since, as it turned out, the question had been answered incorrectly in the previous thread.

Per Gigabyte, the USB headers on the motherboard don't support the on-off charge function, only the USB ports on the rear panel do.

I hope this information is useful.

Hi mate,

I have the same motherboard that you do. I am haviing issues with the on/off charge stuff as well. Since the motherboard does not have a red usb header can we use the rear ones to charge an iphone even after switching off the pc ? or do we have to plug the phone in before we shut down the pc ?

I've tried installing the drivers but i can only charge the iphone if I pluug it in before i shut down the pc. Is there some bios settings or something i need to change ?

Cheers

m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 17, 2013 7:48:15 PM

Unfortunately there is no special USB 3.0 port for on/off charge when plugging your iPhone after shutting down PC on this motherboard.
You need to plug it for on/off charge before turning off system.
m
l
August 27, 2013 11:07:53 PM

hi. First of all thanks for your answers. Helped me a lot understand this on/off feature. I just tested on my computer Z77MX D3H ... and I can confirm the ON OFF CHARGE Feature DOES WORK with USB 3.0 REAR ONLY. HAS TO REMAIN PLUGGED BEFORE ITS TURNED OFF. It will remain charging after computer is off. I actually tested after computer goes to sleep.
I'm happy I have finally got this working.
m
l
!