Sign in with
Your question

ATI TV Wonder and windows XP .....please help

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
December 14, 2001 10:05:51 AM

Guys please does anyone know what I can do here, when I launch the tv its garbage like lines, to fix it I have to change color depth twice. Please I dont want to have to do that. Does anyone have a remedy for this situation.

Thank you and GOD BLESS

More about : ati windows

December 14, 2001 10:54:17 AM

What's your graphics card?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 20, 2002 11:25:03 PM

I have the same problem. It works fine on my Win98 drive, but not on my XP. I have to change color depth, but it does not matter to what. if I am at 32 bit, I go to 16 (while the tuner is running). Then if I close it and start it again, I have to change back to 32 !

I have an ASUS 7100 Geforce2 MX with latest Nvidia drivers.
Like I said, it works fine with same hardware/drives on my Win98 drive.

-N-

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.
Related resources
March 21, 2002 11:00:47 AM

Try my patch here: <A HREF="http://members.rogers.com/amd_man/atifix.zip" target="_new">Link</A>

This may or may not work for you. It personally works for me.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
March 22, 2002 8:16:07 AM

I have the same problem with a geforce2 gts.

For the other guys, the best fix so far is to left click anywhere on your screen right after you turn on the TV. But do it fast enough so that it is not completely on.

This is not a good fix if you have ATI MMC setup to automatically some on at certain times, as I find myself not being quick enough to click...
its a rather sad and pathetic situation really.

AMDMan- the patch doesnt fix my problem, it lowers the occurance of scrambled tv images but i tested it many times and got it to come up scrambled still.

I run dual boot on this system and the win98se (which I still use for my dos games) partition I have no scrambled image problems.
Must be the maturity difference between operating systems and drivers for both.

I want very badly to go back to a straight win98se system but can't live in the past of having everything work right and being able to play my dos games without a dual boot..

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?
March 22, 2002 8:15:48 PM

Quote:

AMDMan- the patch doesnt fix my problem, it lowers the occurance of scrambled tv images but i tested it many times and got it to come up scrambled still.

Try my updated patch <A HREF="http://members.rogers.com/amd_man/atifix2.zip" target="_new">here</A>. It now simulates a Shift key press during the loading of the app. This should hopefully completely fix this problem.

March 23, 2002 12:26:28 AM

Great! Its fixed
but one problem, everytime i use atifix to turn on the tv it comes up asking me if i want to delete atifix?
Is this because I havent changed the links to the file?

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?
March 23, 2002 12:31:44 AM

Ohh, I think I know why it does that. What version of MMC do you use?

March 23, 2002 12:52:24 AM

Here's an updated fix that solves your deleting problem: <A HREF="http://members.rogers.com/amd_man/atifix4.zip" target="_new">Link</A>

April 28, 2002 4:47:30 PM

Thanks for the patch.....works great ! What exactly does it do ? It took this long to try it as I had trouble getting the card to work at all ! Turns out that I had Nview on as I was watching a DVD through my TV out on the Ti 4400. This must use some resources that the TV tuner needs to load.....? Anyway, if I turn off the clone feature everything works fine.

Thanks again.

-N-

The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.
!