Hustle T

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
my cd broke a few weeks ago and now i cant configure my router to function correctly. I tried everything including the website and i cant download the software. Any suggestions besides buying a new router?

khubani

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I have a different version of that router. Just plug it in and use it. CD doesn't do anything for you. All you should be concerned about is a secure network, which you can access by going into your router's control panel, by for example: 192.168.1.1 -- entering that into your browser will bring you (normally) into your router's configuration. The default username/password is admin/admin.

someone19

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

That section of the book is for white haired grandma's who only use the internet on sunday. (said tongue in cheek)

The CD has this fancy program that magically sets everything up for you. If you need the WEP key, connect to the router with a wire, and go into the router's web interface and find it / change it.

As far as "my computer recognizing the device hooked up to my cpu" ...? Is your network card giving you problems? That's a different issue entirely.