Sign in with
Your question

Computer not booting

Last response: in Systems
December 21, 2011 9:39:13 AM

Last week i bought a pc with core i5 2500k processor dh 61ww motherboard 1 tb segate hard drive 4gb ram and gtx 560ti graphics card.
For 4 days it was working fine but last night it turned off automatically. After that when i start my pc it keeps restarting after intel logo. I tried to find the problem by changing psu and hard drive of another computer. When i changed hard disk it was working fine while my 1tb hard disk was working fine on another computer. After that i tried to add this as second hard disk on my computer the problem started again. That got me into tension. I don't know which part is faulty. Plz help me

More about : computer booting

December 21, 2011 11:57:31 AM

You got a faulty motherboard, as taht said, your motherboard have failed capacity which you will need to RMA... The failing capacity will make you boot BUT will die sometime in about a min or two or even few second... RMA your board, if it still dies than i dont know anything else... BTW, to make sure it's the capacity, touch the capacity on the motherboard usually around the CPU Socket, see if it have a bumb to it on top(not the side where your ganna bent the capacity which make your board useless)...
m
l
a c 78 B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2011 12:05:44 PM

It was working fine for 4 days, correct?

What changed?

if a computer is going to work for 4 days without problems it will almost always work for 5 days without problems unless something changes.

What were you doing when it shut down automatically?

What were the last things that happened to it before it got like this?

m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2011 2:02:51 PM

I was installing pirated nfs run
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:03:55 PM

m
l
December 21, 2011 2:04:07 PM

m
l
December 21, 2011 2:14:45 PM

Sounds like your Hard Drive crapped out... run diagnostics on it.
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:25:13 PM

legendkiller said:
You got a faulty motherboard, as taht said, your motherboard have failed capacity which you will need to RMA... The failing capacity will make you boot BUT will die sometime in about a min or two or even few second... RMA your board, if it still dies than i dont know anything else... BTW, to make sure it's the capacity, touch the capacity on the motherboard usually around the CPU Socket, see if it have a bumb to it on top(not the side where your ganna bent the capacity which make your board useless)...

What makes legend killer say that mb is faulty while its working on another hdd
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:28:35 PM

jdenova007 said:
Sounds like your Hard Drive crapped out... run diagnostics on it.

hdd is working fine on another computer
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:33:48 PM

legendkiller said:

m
l
December 21, 2011 2:35:51 PM

I know your HD is working on another PC... but are you booting to it on the other PC? or just using it as a slave so you can see the data.... it may have corrupted your MBR...
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:46:49 PM

jdenova007 said:
I know your HD is working on another PC... but are you booting to it on the other PC? or just using it as a slave so you can see the data.... it may have corrupted your MBR...

i used it as primary hdd.there was no another hdd connected to that computer . I even installed xp in it but as i connected it to my pc problem started again. I can't even open bios menu or settings while that hdd is connected. As i remove it i can open all options
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:50:21 PM

Your PC "freezes" because it is trying to detect the HD(typically it is because the HD is faulty....)... did you try a new SATA cable, or a different SATA port on your motherboard...?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2011 2:56:52 PM

You bought it last week and you are taking it apart and inserting things in another PC ? This will likely void your warranty coverage. Why have you not just brought it back to where ya bought it and said "Fix This". ?
m
l
December 21, 2011 2:57:17 PM

jdenova007 said:
Your PC "freezes" because it is trying to detect the HD(typically it is because the HD is faulty....)... did you try a new SATA cable, or a different SATA port on your motherboard...?

I have tried everything
m
l
December 21, 2011 3:03:06 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
You bought it last week and you are taking it apart and inserting things in another PC ? This will likely void your warranty coverage. Why have you not just brought it back to where ya bought it and said "Fix This". ?

thats not a branded pc i assembled it . That is why i want to know the faulty part so that i can replace it
m
l
December 21, 2011 3:08:58 PM

SATA controller on the mobo may have gone bad...? But you say you connected a different HD to this PC and it worked fine...? LOL... no idea. Still say Bad HD.
m
l
!